Scalp Massage Challenge!

great it looks like we are well on our way. Everyone take before pics this weekend. I have a more recent hair pic from a few days ago that I will replace my siggy with. I can use that as my starter pic.:grin:

this is my most recent hair pic. i'll use it as my starter. Just did my first massage a few minutes ago. Yay!​
recent.jpg

secretrose your hair is very thick and pretty.

I have been doing scalp massages nightly with olive oil mixed with rosemary, peppermint, and lavendar.

Do we have to do them twice a day? I'm always rushing in the morning.

secretrose your hair is very thick and pretty.

I have been doing scalp massages nightly with olive oil mixed with rosemary, peppermint, and lavendar.

Do we have to do them twice a day? I'm always rushing in the morning.

Thank you :) It's mostly due to protective styling. You can do it once a day if you rush, i know i do to so I might miss some.

But I plan on doing it right when I come home from work if miss the morning one and right before I go to sleep. It's really easy with the hand held. I just plopped it on my head and forgot about it. lol:grin:

I was all for it till I saw 10 minutes morning AND night.... I'm so lazy. One time, I tried to massage my conditioner in for ten minutes and gave up after one two. *whining* It's just so boring and my arms get tired :cry:.....

Oh gosh, I'm gonna join. This is gonna be a BIG challenge for me because I'm just a big ol lazy daisy. For all this work, I better get some good growth! :lol:

Last edited:
I was all for it till I saw 10 minutes morning AND night.... I'm so lazy. One time, I tried to massage my conditioner in for ten minutes and gave up after one two. *whining* It's just so boring and my arms get tired :cry:.....

Oh gosh, I'm gonna join. This is gonna be a BIG challenge for me because I'm just a big ol lazy daisy. For all this work, I better get some good growth! :lol:

I hear ya. I am queen of lazy. Have you looked into the handheld ones?
Wow, you actually massage when you wash, lol - i would give up after 30 secs. I only massage on dry hair.

Count me in as well. I just got my wig done yesterday (healthy clip of the ends and a relaxer) and I'm wanting to do things the right way for a change.Keep your fingers crossed.

I'm in. :) I do Hatha yoga scalp massages already and it feels very good. :yep:

Richard Hittleman's Yoga 28 Day Exercise Plan", a great book, by the way!
Scalp Exercise

For the Healthy Appearance of Your Hair

1) Sit in cross-legged posture. Grasp hair firmly at roots.
2) Make scalp move as much as possible, first forward, then backward by pulling vigorously.
3) Perform rhythmically and not too quickly 25 times without pause. Relax.
4) At conclusion of movements scalp should tingle and feel "alive".
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...conventi onal

I'm in!!! I just started oiling with a jojoba and essential oils concoction this week. Maybe I should get a massager, I've been using my fingers :wallbash:

Back