Scalp eczema emergency

Brwnbeauti

Any ladies dealing with this? What are you using or not using. I didn't realize what it was until I scared a brand new bald spot right above my ear. Please help. Now off to weep about my hair.

You need to go to a dermatologist. He can give you some shampoo and creams for scalp eczema. Don't wait for it to get worse.

HanaKuroi said:
You need to go to a dermatologist. He can give you some shampoo and creams for scalp eczema. Don't wait for it to get worse.

I totally agree. Make an appt as soon as possible!

You may also want to try products with tea tree oil in them. Do not put 100% tea tree oil on your scalp. It has to be diluted. I use the tea tree oil cleansing conditioner from Wen with good results. Have not been diagnosed with scalp eczema. I experience very bad dry scalp and itchiness. I try and put water on my scalp a lot and use the cleansing conditioner. There is also an oil I buy that has tea tree oil in it - I think it is from hollywood beauty.

CafedeBelleza said:
I plan to but right now my scalp is on FIRE

Why is your scalp on fire? What is on your scalp or hair?

Sounds like contact dermatitis. I have eczema and 2 months ago I used a mudmask (not my terressentials) and suffered from a painful scalp. I couldn't sleep, my head was itchy painful. I washed my hair with kinky curly come clean to get my scalp and hair clean. I kept pouring ice water on my scalp. I did not put anything else on until
I saw the dermatologist and he gave my shampoo and medicated scalp oils. Even after I saw him it took a week to stop burning completely.

Last edited:
HanaKuroi said:
Why is your scalp on fire? What is on your scalp or hair?

Sounds like contact dermatitis. I have eczema and 2 months ago I used a mudmask (not my terressentials) and suffered from a painful scalp. I couldn't sleep, my head was itchy painful. I washed my hair with kinky curly come clean to get my scalp and hair clean. I kept pouring ice water on my scalp. I did not put anything else on until
I saw the dermatologist and he gave my shampoo and medicated scalp oils. Even after I saw him it took a week to stop burning completely.

The itch is unbearable that's what I meant.

I recently reverted back to a shampoo that I hadn't used in a while, the organix coconut oily shampoo, and I thought my hair didn't feel as it felt when I was using it about 6 months ago. That's the only thing new I've tried, along with a clarifying shampoo so I'm throwing them both away. One of those products is the reason. I have applied hydrocortisone, I am going to attempt to cleanse my hair with some African black soap and I purchased unrefined coconut oil. I read it would ease the itch. JBCO has been helping a little but I need relief. Hopefully the soap and coconut oil will help. I am making an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow

Transformer said:
Cool water and NO petroleum products. No wigs or fake hair. Atarax will the immediate discomfort. I have ketocanazole shampoo also.

I just realized the oil I'd been using when I didn't use JBCO On my edges has petroleum and parabens :(. Into the trash.

Icy water as cold as you can stand and ice packs to dull the nerves helps with the itching. Don't scratch, rub if you must. Cut your nails so you won't so damage your scalp in your sleep.

I've always had a temperamental scalp since I permed my hair when I was younger (I no longer perm). But, Id say your best bet is tto try some diluted apple cider vinegar and use a q-tip to apply it to your scalp. I can't make any guarantees, but ACV reaaaallllyy soothed and improved my scalp. I followed up with a blend of argan oil and castor oil. :)

Glad you got some relief, OP. I've had it since birth. I have flares from time to time esp in winter when the air is cold and dry. It's also related to my allergies--when I start sneezing, I start getting the itchy burning and flaking spots on my scalp as well.

The best 'cure' i had was to STOP using shampoo and co-wash only. The flakiness went away.

The 2nd best was to stop using most things chemical. I don't even use leave-in condish anymore.

The 3rd best? Replacing most things with tea! Stinging nettle and oolong and burdock. I brew teas and pour them over my head and put my DC on top. My scalp has not been healthier. I also put them in a sprayer with oils as a 'leave in' condish. Best decision ever.

I'm having a minor flare now because this is my hay-fever season (sneezing like mad) but its NOTHING like it was before. One little spot instead of spots all over my head and burning in random areas. Amazing really! It's also the first flare since I joined LHCF in Feb.

Eczema heads are more sensitive...so keep careful watch on the products you use. Low-no chemical and you'll see a world of diff! Trust me...

CafedeBelleza

sorry this happened. the natural route with hair products is best for ya. i'm glad the black soap gave you some relief. lavender eo mixed into your oils would be good for soothing the scalp.

other eos great for dermatitis are:
white bisch
cade
cananga
carrot seed
cedarwood (TX, atlas, & VA)
chamomile (roman & german)
geranium
hops
hysoop
helichyrsum
juniper
linaloe
litsea cubea
mint (peppermint & spearmint)
palmarosa
patchouli
rosemary
sage ( clary & spanish)
thyme

for eczema:
lemon balm
peru balsam
tolu balsam
bergamot
white birch
cade
carrot seed
cedarwood ( atlas, TX & VA)
chamomile (german & roman)
geranium
helichrysum
hysoop
juniper
lavandin
spike lavender
marigold
myrrh
patchouli
rose (cabbage & damask)
rosemary
spanish sage
thyme
violet
yarrow

7-25 drops is all that is needed for 1oz of oil, 3-5 drops for a tsp. new direction aromatics and mountain rose herbs have great prices on eos. hth

u may need a steroid shampoo. if u cant get to a derm quickly try to go to your primary care Dr.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DarkJoy said:
Glad you got some relief, OP. I've had it since birth. I have flares from time to time esp in winter when the air is cold and dry. It's also related to my allergies--when I start sneezing, I start getting the itchy burning and flaking spots on my scalp as well.

The best 'cure' i had was to STOP using shampoo and co-wash only. The flakiness went away.

The 2nd best was to stop using most things chemical. I don't even use leave-in condish anymore.

The 3rd best? Replacing most things with tea! Stinging nettle and oolong and burdock. I brew teas and pour them over my head and put my DC on top. My scalp has not been healthier. I also put them in a sprayer with oils as a 'leave in' condish. Best decision ever.

I'm having a minor flare now because this is my hay-fever season (sneezing like mad) but its NOTHING like it was before. One little spot instead of spots all over my head and burning in random areas. Amazing really! It's also the first flare since I joined LHCF in Feb.

Eczema heads are more sensitive...so keep careful watch on the products you use. Low-no chemical and you'll see a world of diff! Trust me...

This has pushed me to really consider the natural life. I bought some organic coconut oil and Eden all natural deep con, thats what i plan to use for now on with jbco.I will see what happens before I go to the derm. Last time I went he gave me a cornstarch and water recipe and some cream that was Vaseline with oils added. I was there 15 min. It cost 130$ Ripoff

I thought I had eczema on my scalp too but was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis. Nothing worked, prescribed or not. Starting taking 2 teaspoons of flax seed oil and saw a difference immediately. Its not 100 percent but it’s a major improvement.

So you're using the tea to cleanse your scalp? Or are you cowashing?

Back