Say Hello to Polly!!!! Pics

Kellum

I got 2 new half wigs today. One is by Outre named Polly. The other I have to send back because the color is too dark, but I love the curls. Any how I got the Polly in a #4 color, and I must say I love it. It is very natural looking. It is not shiny, the hair is very soft, the length is just right. My hair is cornrowed so none of it is out. All I did was put on a headband, used a few hair pins for security, finger combed, fluffed and that's it. I love it!!!

CIMG0708.jpg
CIMG0709.jpg

CIMG0707.jpg
CIMG0706.jpg

CIMG0711.jpg

very cute, how did you get the front to look slick when you have it braided in cornrows? I am planning on getting coconut girl just from your other pics...lol

Girl, stop with your perfectly blended curly HWs! You look marvelous.

I FINALLY just got my back-ordered Modu Anytime 162 (very similar to the Polly) in the mail (a month after my order), but they sent it in my second-place color choice-- #4, which I've never used before (I'm a #2), and it is too chestnut and warm for my skintone. Plus, it just looks odd next to my very-dark brown edges.

I only briefly sat it on top of my head without applying the combs. The tags are still on it. I'm about to call hairsisters to see when they're getting the #2 in so I can try to exchange.

Other than that, I love these curly wigs because they (including your Polly--I think that's the one in my avatar above) are very similar to my own natural 3-ish curl pattern. Too shiny and uniform in curl shape and size, but still close enough that a casual friend or colleague would assume it is my hair.

I was looking at this one on hairsister.com. Thanks for posting. I think I will buy it. It would blend very well with my natural hair.

I don't have any of my hair out, but if I did leave some out I could blend it very easily because of its texture. I probably would do some twist to blend, but I'm too lazy.

You are really workin' those wigs.

LOL, thanks.

very cute, how did you get the front to look slick when you have it braided in cornrows? I am planning on getting coconut girl just from your other pics...lol

I did a side part, and cornrowed my first two going to the side and the rest going to the back. I will take a pic and post how it looks.

Here is how my hair is braided underneath so I don't have to leave any out.

CIMG0715.jpg
CIMG0716.jpg

CIMG0717.jpg
CIMG0720.jpg

You can see the color from my recent henna :)

I took all of the hanging braids, cornrowed going across my nape in on braid, and then pinned them up.

I don't have any gel or anything on the front part of my hair. It gets smooth and flat from my satin head tie. For shine I will put a little coconut oil and shea butter on it. That's it.

Girl, stop with your perfectly blended curly HWs! You look marvelous.

I FINALLY just got my back-ordered Modu Anytime 162 (very similar to the Polly) in the mail (a month after my order), but they sent it in my second-place color choice-- #4, which I've never used before (I'm a #2), and it is too chestnut and warm for my skintone. Plus, it just looks odd next to my very-dark brown edges.

I only briefly sat it on top of my head without applying the combs. The tags are still on it. I'm about to call hairsisters to see when they're getting the #2 in so I can try to exchange.

Other than that, I love these curly wigs because they (including your Polly--I think that's the one in my avatar above) are very similar to my own natural 3-ish curl pattern. Too shiny and uniform in curl shape and size, but still close enough that a casual friend or colleague would assume it is my hair.

LOL, thanks. I love curly wigs because they just blend really well with my hair. The straight ones are too shiny and silky and would look obvious.

thank you thank you! you have gave me an idea on how I can wear all of my halfwigs and work on thickening up my from area.

You're welcome. It is just easier to cornrow like this, throw on my half wig, put on a headband or scarf and go. That's it; I don't have to worry about blending. Makes my life a whole like easier.

why you always got on wigs i want??? lolololol

very nice :)
i would play the copycat, but i am so done with shipping charges - my wallet just cant take it no mo'...

why you always got on wigs i want??? lolololol

very nice :)
i would play the copycat, but i am so done with shipping charges - my wallet just cant take it no mo'...

Thanks, LOL, I guess we have similar taste. The shipping isn't that much. The half wig cost $17.99 and shipping is a little over $2. Its cheaper for me to order them than to go to my local BSS.

p.s. is that the half wig in your avi? if not, where can see a close up and some details on the half wig in your avi??

The one in my avi is Coconut girl. Here's the link: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=411100

Back