Saw a relaxed waistlength head of hair

katie

on this girl at church.I have never seen that length of relaxed hair in real life.It looked awesome.
I always thought waist length hair seemed old fashioned and dowdy...but she has made me re-think my views.Her hair was so thick and amazing and her ends looked soo good even tho her hair wasnt even curled.I think waist length would be my new goal length instead of bra strap.So I have a at least 5 more years to go!!!
laugh.gif

Hi Katie,

glad you don't think it's dowdy and old fashioned anymore
laugh.gif

For some reason, on black and hispanic women-- super long hair can be very sexy, so go for it
up.gif

when i see a really long head of hair, it's the health more than the length that made it look so good to me. i hope my ends look good when i get there! did you ask for any hair secrets?
laugh.gif

I agree with Adrienne,

I've seen some women with tailbone length hair but really only about 5 strands were tailbone length. Not that pretty. I just want to run up to them with a pair of scissors! I hope to keep mine as even as possible though it is difficult.

I think long hair on black women and women of color are very pretty. On white women, sometimes it looks funny. I'm not saying that to be mean, but I've only seen a few where I think they look really good with long hair.

I was at IHOP in Tennessee, and I saw this black girl who was soooo pretty. She had clear smooth dark brown skin, and a very petite demeanor. Her hair was blueblack and it was waistlength. I'm not sure if it was relaxed or not, but it was gorgeous. I just stared at it, and tried not to be obvious about it. But I wasn't the only one, white people were checking her hair out too.

She looked so shy, like she wasn't aware that she was so beautiful.

I saw a girl at a house party over the weekend with waist length hair, it was really long and had lots of body, and very healthy looking. I didn't think much of it since I've seen women with equally gorgeous hair on this site. I still thought she had beautiful hair, but she seemed a little strange acting, she kept looking at me, I would notice (and no I was not staring her down), it was almost like she wanted people to notice her hair. She kind of reminded me of the fair skinned sister on the show "Half and Half." I was hoping she was not feeling insecure because of me, because my hair wasn't even real, it was crochet braids and it was no where near waist length. Anyway, I was at home in Dallas this past weekend and there were several girls with pretty long hair at this party, from naturally curly to permed and straight. Lots of motivational hair lengths. I didn't ask any questions about regimens because I kind of thought some of the lengths and textures were just hereditary, but I thought, what the hey, I've got my own regimen I am loving.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I agree with Adrienne,

I've seen some women with tailbone length hair but really only about 5 strands were tailbone length. Not that pretty. I just want to run up to them with a pair of scissors! I hope to keep mine as even as possible though it is difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
up.gif
Straggly ends are not cut at all.
nono.gif
That's why I'm actually looking forward to a haircut. I'll take health over length anyday.
trampoline.gif

On my way home almost everyday, I see this girl with waistlength hair and it looks so healthy and beautiful. I want to tell her to join the board and tell us her secrets but I'm not that bold.
laugh.gif

smile.gif

But you would be surprised how many people are snobs when it comes to telling their hair secrets.
nono.gif
I mean really, it's not that serious. I can get me a weave and copy your hairdo anyday if you're not gonna tell me.
laugh.gif

There was a girl who I never really spoke to who worked in the mall. One day her hair was down and looked so beautiful I HAD to ask her what was she doing with it. Now mind you, she seemed a little snobby to me. But she was so friendly and even told me about her hair dresser (who is now my hairdresser).

Some people will surprise you. I would ask. The most she could do is brush you off or give you the wrong info...which we could sniff out anyway.

Tebby

Back