Satin Pillow Cases

LB_Williams

I know that satin is good because it is so smooth that there is nothing to snag the hair. What I am not sure about is if what the satin is made out can help protect the moisture in your hair as well.

Polyester satin is the most common but is it the best? I mean would silk be better? Or would rayon be okay /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The reason I ask is I am going to make my own pillowcases but I am short on cash. I do have a pretty decent stash of different kinds of fabrics that I really should put to use. /images/graemlins/think.gif

TIA for any help you can give!

Honestly, I think satin & silk and polyester prevent moisture loss bc they aren't absoorbent. that'd jst a guess though.

I think satin and silk are best, but I think silk is best. Until satin is washed repeatedly, I don't think it's becomes as "less-drying" as silk is. I am just going off my personal experiences with my bonnets and scarves, though. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Check your local Big Lot I found Hype Hair satin pillowcase for 3 bucks and I also pick up satin scarf for 25 cents from a dollar store.

Back