Satin Bonnet Pulling Out Hair?!?

SweetSpirit86

I took my bonnet off this morning and felt a pulling sensation. I had no choice but to take the danged thing off, so I finished removing it and I looked into the bonnet and my hair is attached to the inside...all with bulbs. Anyone else had this happen? Is it just time for me to get a new one, or maybe this thing isn't actually satin like the packaging said? :wallbash: I've had this for about a year, and it's never pulled my hair out before.

Sometimes the outside is smoother than the inside. Turn it inside out when you wear it and see if that helps. I do this with all of mine so my edges don't get caught up.

Sally's sells a bonnet with the elastic inside of the satin. I forget who it's by, it's only about $1 more than the regular bonnets. I don't see it on the website, but it's in the stores. (I wouldn't get the black one if you tend to have damp or wet hair at night, the dye stains.)

I always turn my satin bonnet inside out since it's smoother. I don't like the cotton brim either.

Also, I recently switched to a satin scarf because I believe my hair is more protected since it's being held down by the scarf and not being pulled when I sleep when it's loose under the bonnet.

i say if you've had that bonnet for over a year, it's time to get a new one :yep: After a while, the material starts to degrade and thin, which can start to snag at your hair.

That's what I was wondering too..if the age was causing it since it didn't before. I'll try several of your tips, thank you very much. New bonnet from Sally's and turn it inside out, lol.

Back