SARAH CHAPMAN"S HAIR

Triniwegian

Sarah%20Chapman%20Picture%5B4%5D.jpg

and-sarah-chapman-438x418.jpg

I love her color.
How does she get that color without it looking orange?
As far as I know and have seen, because all the pigment in our hair, in most instances when black hair is bleached it turns brassy orange/ yellow.

It it possible to go light brown?

if u have a good colourist most def. I had honey golds higher and darker than hers for 3 yrs. and they never turned brassy or that orangey colour. Its the hair lightened and then tinted.

For some reason I read the title as Traci Chapmans hair. When I saw the pic I thought WOW she's changed.:spinning:

if u have a good colourist most def. I had honey golds higher and darker than hers for 3 yrs. and they never turned brassy or that orangey colour. Its the hair lightened and then tinted.

Same here. I bleached my own hair about 13 years ago then followed up with a honey blond color (Clairol) to tone it down. I never had a problem with "brassy" color. If you decide to color your hair, try using Sulfate-free shampoo so it doesn't strip your hair color. I would also suggest that you keep your hair moisturized; co-washing and of DC'ing frequently as well. Bleaching and high-lift tints are very drying to the hair.

Hope this helps.

My mother had a color like this also, she bleached it and then added a tint to tone down the 'orange'.

OT: I love love love that flat white polish :love:

Last edited:
Her hair is pretty, but who is this lady? I thought it was a celeb or something. I hope this isn't the girl who used to work at Justin's in Atl that they gossip about on another forum...

Sarah%20Chapman%20Picture%5B4%5D.jpg

and-sarah-chapman-438x418.jpg

I love her color.
How does she get that color without it looking orange?
As far as I know and have seen, because all the pigment in our hair, in most instances when black hair is bleached it turns brassy orange/ yellow.

It it possible to go light brown?

I so want this color!

The first 2 times no. The last time big problems!

The 1st and 2nd applications were done on healthy hair and without having healthy practices my hair was fine. The last time it was done on badly damaged hair and my hair retaliated by not growing for a year....this year to be exact

Plus my stylist at the time was(is) really talented and very knowledgeble about hair and healthy hair practices. He uses alfa parf colouring system i dont kno if that helped with my results but i'll just throw it our there.

Back