Sam's Club Steamer, Anyone??

isawstars

Does anyone own one???

After hearing that they carry the Pibbs I went on the website and found that they sell steamers (via online only). I have a $100 walmart/sams club gift card so I am very tempted to purchase it. The only thing is that it looks sorta dated (for $188) in comparison to the models I have seem at a lower price. Performance is obviously better than the style, so if anyone has any experience with this please let me know!

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=199439&navAction=

0089254500051_A

Model KT-3010-D Salon Hair Steamer
Three power settings 250 watts, 350 watts and with 600 watts as a total
Thirty (30) minute timer with bell and automatic shut off
Twenty (20) minute distilled water tank
Low water automatic shutoff circuitry
Large easy to clean tilting hood
Removable distilled water reservoir and water collection bottle
Rolling stand included with four (4) swivel casters for easy movement
Low and high temperature settings
Color - steamer is off-white body with a smoke colored see through hood and white rolling stand
Some assembly required
120 Volts – 60 Hz
Weight: 15 lbs.

Last edited:
The steamer I own looks similar (not exact)...since you have a GC and it wouldn't be much out of pocket I'd say get it so long as it produces steam:yep:

ETA: the low and high setting (which it has) is the probably the only thing I'd especially look for.

I don't see why this one wouldn't be fine. However, when I bought my Huetiful on Amazon I was looking at some other steamers that looked similar to this one and I kept reading reviews about women being burned by flying hot water. So I'd definitely check the reviews on it before you purchase it.

I don't see why this one wouldn't be fine. However, when I bought my Huetiful on Amazon I was looking at some other steamers that looked similar to this one and I kept reading reviews about women being burned by flying hot water. So I'd definitely check the reviews on it before you purchase it.

Yeah I saw that review too! I thought I was about to get a great deal, bc I saw it on ebay for 70ish bucks... I am so glad I read that review. I havent found any review on this sams club steamer though. It makes me nervous.

Sent from my VS910 4G using VS910 4G

70ish bucks sounds good to me was that with free shipping?. I would wrap a towel around my neck and cover my ears. That steamer seams a little expensive but at least you would be able to take it back if you didn't like it.

I got burned with mine the first time I used it but it was because I was moving all about....getting up to get various items (I was restless). I haven't been burned since I learned to 'respect' the steamer:grin:

I got burned with mine the first time I used it but it was because I was moving all about....getting up to get various items (I was restless). I haven't been burned since I learned to 'respect' the steamer:grin:

Nix08 how long have you had yours so far?

Sent from my VS910 4G using VS910 4G

It's only been about 3 months or so...maybe a little more. I use it every week and I even had a steaming party (no one got burned during the party:grin:) and my mom uses it everytime she comes over. I put a towel over my shoulders although lately I've been slacking on that...I guess when it burns me again I'll truly learn my lesson:giggle:

I had that steamer and I loved it. I got mine at Salonsrus.com for $140 (the company is now called LCL Beauty) and shipping was free.
http://lclbeauty.com/proddetail.php?prod=PRO-1037A

If you have a $100 gift card I say go for it and order it from Sam's Club. I loved my beloved steamer, but I was stupid and poured oil in the container (don't ask) and ruined it :lachen: I got the cheaper one and regretted my purchase ever since.

^^Too funny..that would have probably been me too.
And Bostonmaria..don't start on me putting cold water in my and listening to my cup crack immediately after the steamer got hot. But I also used to put drops of essential oil in..just about 5-7 small one. Noticed an old spoke about therapeutic benefits..So true. I'm nervous though used mine for about 2 hours a couple weeks ago and it started sparking.

I had that steamer and I loved it. I got mine at Salonsrus.com for $140 (the company is now called LCL Beauty) and shipping was free.
http://lclbeauty.com/proddetail.php?prod=PRO-1037A

If you have a $100 gift card I say go for it and order it from Sam's Club. I loved my beloved steamer, but I was stupid and poured oil in the container (don't ask) and ruined it :lachen: I got the cheaper one and regretted my purchase ever since.

morehairplease

Hey! I couldn't find a friend who had a Sam's Club membership card... only BJs and Costco... so I never got it :(

Hey there sweetie,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. On their site, they have the option for you to shop as a quest and receive a 10% up charge. We no longer have a Sam's club card either. I have this on my list and hopefully we be able to purchase it soon because my hair would definitely benefit from it.

Back