samanthajones - i love you!

newflowers

I re-read your information about the steam treatment, tried it, and my hair is very happy. thank you, thank you, thank you.

For some reason, since I've learned to stretch to 12 weeks with ease, I got it into my head that I could do 14 -16 weeks - I mean, it's just a few more days right? Wrong so wrong. There is so much new growth, and while it feels nifty to put my hands in my hair and feel the texture of it, and it's exciting to feel how much my hair had grown, I still have to wash, condition, comb, bun it - no fun, no fun. So tonight, I figured I would check out the stickies and see if I could find something to help for the next few days, and I read your steam treatment, and figured I could use the thermal turbie things I received from Alterna.

This is probably one of the best treatments my hair has ever had. I will definitely be doing it with frequency. It gives an entirely new meaning to deep conditioning my hair.

You are a goddess, and I thank you sincerely.

I tried this yesterday and I can't believe how soft and moisturised my hair feels. thank for sharing Samanthajones.

I re-read your information about the steam treatment, tried it, and my hair is very happy. thank you, thank you, thank you.

For some reason, since I've learned to stretch to 12 weeks with ease, I got it into my head that I could do 14 -16 weeks - I mean, it's just a few more days right? Wrong so wrong. There is so much new growth, and while it feels nifty to put my hands in my hair and feel the texture of it, and it's exciting to feel how much my hair had grown, I still have to wash, condition, comb, bun it - no fun, no fun. So tonight, I figured I would check out the stickies and see if I could find something to help for the next few days, and I read your steam treatment, and figured I could use the thermal turbie things I received from Alterna.

This is probably one of the best treatments my hair has ever had. I will definitely be doing it with frequency. It gives an entirely new meaning to deep conditioning my hair.

You are a goddess, and I thank you sincerely.

WOW! That was wonderful to read at 6am!!!!!!
I am Grateful:yep: - That is all I can say ( I stumbled on the idea)... I tell ya!!!! I am grateful for LHCF and I am grateful that we can find GREAT ways to get our hair on to the next LEVEL!!!!

:kiss:
You are very welcome.... Big hugs!

SJ's steam treatment has been a God send during my stretch and the winter months!! I'm also thankful for her great tip!! If you haven't tried it yet, you should :yep:

And I am grateful to you. An entire day of heaters and hats and rain and damp; my hair is still soft and silky - I will definitely make stream treatments a part of my hair care regime.

Steaming is the greatest thing for the hair!

**tip- Put damp/wet towel or turban in a plastic grocery bag (loosely tied) then heat in the microwave for a few minutes. CAUTION-towel will be very HOT!

LOL, right on time I'm sitting in my MT protein conditioner and next is the moisture DC. I'm going to try this in the next 15 minutes and I will be back on later tonight with results. I don't have turban towles/twisties but I do have:

2 medium sized towels
Plastic wrap
bonnet blow dryer
filtered water

I will be heating my towels in a thick plastic bowl. How does this sound? Has anyone tried it with regular towels?

I know when I AO/CO scalp & wet towel steam my hair it turns out very soft.

Last edited:
Someone in the original thread used regular towels, and it worked out just fine for them. I say go for it -your hair will thank you.

LOL, right on time I'm sitting in my MT protein conditioner and next is the moisture DC. I'm going to try this in the next 15 minutes and I will be back on later tonight with results. I don't have turban towles/twisties but I do have:

2 medium sized towels
Plastic wrap
bonnet blow dryer
filtered water

I will be heating my towels in a thick plastic bowl. How does this sound? Has anyone tried it with regular towels?

I know when I AO/CO scalp & wet towel steam my hair it turns out very soft.

YOu should be fine...:yep:

Back