Salon products

I have not had much success with drug store products or product for "ethnic black women". I thinking that I might try some salon products and see what happens there. What are your favourite salon line products? A lot of people rave about Aveda? What about other salon lines? What do you recommend? What are the ingredients?

I am looking for:

1. Daily rinse condionter for dry hair (for condition washes)
2. Deep moisturising condionter
3. Pomade/creme hairdress (that does NOT contain petroleum, lanolin, mineral oil)
4. Daily spray conditioner/moisturising spray
5. Mild shampoo (preferable one without SLS to use for clairifying)

Check out some of the products in the L'anza, Mizani, Kera Care, Dudley's, Nexxus and Joico lines. A lot of people seem to like Nexus Humectress and Kera Care Humecto for cond. washes.

I like Paul Mitchell Supercharged Moisturizer a lot.It works esp well when you use olive oil with it.

Hi Katie,

I use the Paul Mitchell Supercharged Moisturizer too and like it a lot. I also like Nexxus, Mizani and Keracare products.
smile.gif

For clarifying, I'd definitely recommend lanza's deep cleansing shampoo. Its gentle and doesn't strip and really is very effective. The cleansing ingredient is TEA laurel sulfate which is very gentle.

The other ingredients listed are v.impressive too. I LOVE this and always rec. it on the board and to girlfriends.

www.lanza.com has it listed with more info on it and where you can buy it in your area.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Daily spray conditioner/moisturising spray

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people use regular conditioner as a daily moisturizer. Mix conditioner with distilled water and put it in a spray bottle. Or apply a pea size dollop of conditioner to wet hair and don't rinse it out.

Back