Salon Perfect Hair

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Ok ladies,

What do you do to get that salon perfect hair at home. At the salon she relaxed, deep conditioned, set me under the dryer for about 20 minutes, the she blowed dryed my hair adding a little shea butter and curled my hair. Now when she did it, I had bounce all week long. I would just roll it up every night and it was great.

So my question is how (what do I use) to get that same bounce between visits at home. I am not going to use a curling iron because I am a misfit with one and would do more harm then good, but I do have a flat iron would that be just a good and then roll it up right after it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Recently my mom and I were out and we saw my sister. My mom had just gotten her hair done that day and her hair was perfect! My sister said "Did you guys get your hair done together today?". That made me feel good because I never go to the salon. I had only shampooed and deep conditioned 2 days before that.

For me to keep my hair looking like I went to the salon, I avoid using heavy products on my hair. I have to shampoo and deep condition every 3 days, though. On the 4th day, the little product I do use starts weighing my hair down and I lose the bounce and body.

I only use a mixture of Hemp Seed oil and silicon on the 2 days between shampoo and deep condition days. I notice, though that if I don't DC for moisture, I cannot get away with only using this light moisure on those 2 days.

I have to clarify weekly to get rid of the silicone, as well. I tried skipping that step and, again, less bounce. My moisture lasted longer, which was nice, but I had less movement when I walked.

On shampoo and DC day, I blowdry my hair with the comb attachment and flatiron-curl it.

I don't like tight curls, so I don't sleep in rollers, I just leave them in for a few hours.

I just can't wait until my hair gets longer. I know I will have so many more daily styling options!

"sorry this is so long"

Thanks girl our hair is about the same lenght. Thanks for the tips. One question what do you use when you blow dry and flat iron.

As for not like tight curls I don't either. I love my hair like it is in my signature. To get this I use the brown rollers. When I get my hair done at the salon I can use the green/teal rollers. I am one of those strange birds that can sleep in hard rollers so I sleep on those and in the morning I have the bounce but not tight curls.

Since I don't like going to the salon, I have invested in everything they have at the salon. I have my own professional hairdryer exactly like the one in the salon. I always get perfect, bouncy rollersets (use red and purple rollers). I am still out on what type of blowdryer to get since I don't blowdry at all. But, hands down my hairdryer was by far the best investment ever!

thickness said:
Since I don't like going to the salon, I have invested in everything they have at the salon. I have my own professional hairdryer exactly like the one in the salon. I always get perfect, bouncy rollersets (use red and purple rollers). I am still out on what type of blowdryer to get since I don't blowdry at all. But, hands down my hairdryer was by far the best investment ever!

Which one do you have thickness? and did you get it? I am in looking for a good one

LadyR said:
Thanks girl our hair is about the same lenght. Thanks for the tips. One question what do you use when you blow dry and flat iron.

As for not like tight curls I don't either. I love my hair like it is in my signature. To get this I use the brown rollers. When I get my hair done at the salon I can use the green/teal rollers. I am one of those strange birds that can sleep in hard rollers so I sleep on those and in the morning I have the bounce but not tight curls.

When I blowdry and flatiron, I use an oil and silicone mixture that I have. I bought some Cyclomethicone adn Dimethicone and mixed them in with some Hemp Seed Oil. My Mixture is about 95% silicone with most of it being the the Dimethicone. When I use it all up, I think I am just going to use the Dimethicone because it is thicker.

I only started doing this because these are the 2 ingredients in one of my favorite products - Silken Seal. But Silken Seal has no oil, which I also wanted.

There are some other good serums out there, but I like having control over the ingredients. Redken Heat Glide and Kenra's Straightening Serum are good.

Back