Salon Care Honey & Almonds Conditioner

vickiepickles

All About Me!
I was in Sally's yesterday and finally broke down and bought this conditioner. I have been eyeing it for quite some time, but hesitated on getting it because it is only sold in gallon size. It smells wonderful and is a thick conditioner. The gallon size was 8.99 and they also had the shampoo and another conditioner that was called Balsam Conditioner. The Honey & Almonds is supposed to give softness, manageability, detangle, etc. The ingredients include Sweet almond oil, honey, apple pectin, hydrolyzed keratin, and some other stuff. I haven't used it yet, but am very excited. I also bought one of those smaller pump bottles to put it in. Have any of you used this conditioner?

I used that conditioner back in November or December. Right now I'm using the Raspberry and Vanilla conditioner. They both offer great slip, but they contain protein. So you don't want to use them too often.

Pookeylou, here are the ingredients:

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Honey, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (sweet almond) oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Pectin Extract, Propylene Glycol, Dicetyldimonium Choride, Frangrance, Citric Acid, Polymethoxy Bicyclic Oxazolidine, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5, D&C Red No. 4

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
I used that conditioner back in November or December. Right now I'm using the Raspberry and Vanilla conditioner. They both offer great slip, but they contain protein. So you don't want to use them too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

The protein in those conditioners won't be a problem--they are mainly moisturizing conditioners. Your hair will benefit from the added protein in moisturizing conditioners
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
Anky and I forget who else have this conditioner. They both love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That who else is me! I do have this conditioner. I got it when it was on sale for 4.99 for the gallon. It smells great, and detangles the hair very well. I use this for a conditoner wash or sometimes after I shampoo with a low to no detergents shampoo, like Jason naturals sea kelp. I haven't experienced any build up from it, and it is great for preshampoo detangling too. You can use as much as you want and still have alot left. So you don't have to ration it out. You can't beat the price or that yummy smell

I have yet to use the new formula and dont plan on buying it
ohwell.gif
. in addition I think Blueflower uses Nature's Advantage brand as opposed to Sally's (IIRC). Full product review is on my hair site
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
The protein in those conditioners won't be a problem--they are mainly moisturizing conditioners. Your hair will benefit from the added protein in moisturizing conditioners
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Supergirl! It's a relief to know that! I guess the next gallon conditioner I'll try is Apple or Humectant.

I have this conditioner and I
love.gif
it. the smell, the detangling, the softness. I have no complaints with this conditioner. I also have the shampoo, which is also great.

VickiP- try using it with mayo, eggs and your favorite oil as a pre-shampoo. It makes all the difference in the world to the rest of your wash... give me an update if you do..

[ QUOTE ]
FLAME said:
I have this conditioner and I
love.gif
it. the smell, the detangling, the softness. I have no complaints with this conditioner. I also have the shampoo, which is also great.

VickiP- try using it with mayo, eggs and your favorite oil as a pre-shampoo. It makes all the difference in the world to the rest of your wash... give me an update if you do..

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. I just bought this conditioner while it was on sale for $4.99 @ Sally's
weird.gif
Maybe I'll try this mix. I'm definitely gonna mix it with more almond oil and honey too
smile.gif

Back