Sally's robbing me blind!!!

leona2025

So I've been needing a new big bottle PC Conditioner and Aphogee 2 minute. I went to Sally's and the PC was 12.99 and the Aphogee 8.00. I just could not make myself buy it because I know it didn't cost that much the last time I bought it. I was down to my last squeezes today.

On the way to my mother's house I stop by the regular BS. There are no regular BS by my house only Sally's. The large PC was 8.00 and the Aphogee only 6.00. That is a savings of 7.00. I can buy a whole new product with that:nono:.

thats why i hate sallys i bought a spray bottlefrom a regular bss for 1 dollar and i found the same bottle at sallys for 2.39 all of their produts are ridiculously priced

Good discount at the BSS. A SALLY's discount card is $5.00 which you get back, you'll get the upper line price on products {sometimes not the best price around as in your examples}, a 15% discount the month after spending $25.00, free gifts monthly, members only e-mail alerts. I buy from the sale circular after comparison shopping.

I have a Sally's card, but I think I still get the better deal at the BSS. By the time I get my discount, i've bought everything I need.

Even with my sally's card I do comparison shop before I buy anything except it's stuff that only Sally's carrries like the GVP and Ion products.

Leona that's a serious difference in price for the Aphogee and PC. I found the large PC for 9.99 at a BSS by my church.

Sally's plastic caps cost a bit more than the BSS version, but the quality is much better. I've found that I gain more by paying extra at Sally's for certain products.

I understand you point about thing being cheaper but i go to sally's for higher end stuff because i know their stock rotates resulting in better fresher, quality product. sometimes you don't know how long that stuff has been sitting at the BSS. then again, some things you can only get from the BSS... you have to find a balance

I NEVER went to Sally's cause I figured they would be more expensive than the BSS. I ended up getting a membership and was saving by shopping there. So far Sally's has beat the prices of two different BSS's I frequent (in some cases by as much as $4 or $5 but in others only $1).

OT: The quality of the boar-bristle brushes at Sally's are sooooooooooo much better, and they have Denman's.

I only go when something is on sale - like I was able to buy a huge bottle of Lottabody for 5.99 when the regular price was 9 something...

I also like Sally's cuz I know their stuff is "fresh" some of the BSS's products are questionable - especially when I am wiping the dust off ...ewww!

OFF TOPIC - Okay the deal was that if you got to waist length or close to it that you change your avatar...Dang - does that cat has some raw meat hangin' out its mouth....you need to put you and your beautiful hair on your avatar!!! (Sorry to hi-jack like that)

this happened to me a few weeks ago! went to sallys it was $10.99 went to the bss and they had it for $7!!

I only go when something is on sale - like I was able to buy a huge bottle of Lottabody for 5.99 when the regular price was 9 something...

I also like Sally's cuz I know their stuff is "fresh" some of the BSS's products are questionable - especially when I am wiping the dust off ...ewww!

OFF TOPIC - Okay the deal was that if you got to waist length or close to it that you change your avatar...Dang - does that cat has some raw meat hangin' out its mouth....you need to put you and your beautiful hair on your avatar!!! (Sorry to hi-jack like that)

First off that is not raw meat that is his tongue, lol:lachen:. See I changed my avi, lol.

IMHO buying Aphogee products from Sally's is only due to last resort because it is so much more expensive than BSS.

I have about five different BSS by my house. And I've been know to stop by all of them looking for Aphogee products, only to discover neither one of them had it. What's crazy is, I never had this problem in my small hometown. I guess that's because they do not have a BSS on every corner, so they carry almost everything.

leona, i feel you! :lol: they are opening a Sally's 5 min from my house and I am sick about it bc there are no other BSS within 15 min of me...I do have the green card, tho- so maybe I'll get some breaks...it would be nice to be able to comparison shop, tho- :ohwell:

Back