Sally's Generic -- A huge miss.

chayil0427

I was strapped for cash to get my beloved Kera Care so I decided to try Sally's Generic Nexxus.

In the shower I was impresed because my hair felt soft and relatively detangled.

However, one I got out of the shower and tried to detangle it was a mess and it felt sorta coated ... like the product left residue.

After drying my hair felt like wire. It's awful.

Have these products worked well for anyone? I'm returning them to the store.

Chayil

The generic sally's Humectress is based on Humectress ingredient list in 1995. I tried it and it doesnt work for me at all like the Nexxus brand. I may use it to CW, or mix it with something else until I finish the bottle.

so where do you get the real nexxus, and how do you know its generic. Where can i buy the real biosilk, or does the generic work just fine?

LeNghtyDreAms said:
so where do you get the real nexxus, and how do you know its generic. Where can i buy the real biosilk, or does the generic work just fine?

you can get the real nexxus at sally's, drug stores, even wal-mart. But Sally's also sells a generic brands of many items, incuding nexxus humectress. Its clearly labeled generic on the front. its kind of like a bootleg nexxus at a cheaper price.

LeNghtyDreAms said:
I bought the generic biosilk and I love it. I won't be going back to paying for the original when imo, they are the same. I haven't tried any other of sallys generic products however.

I did't like the Sally's Generic version of Nexxus Humectress either, it did the same thing to me that it did to you. My hair didn't have slip it just felt coated and whats worse is that when I spent the $19 on the REAL DEAL, it did the exact same thing.

I guess Nexxus products just aren't for me.

I have used the generic Infusium23 religiously nearly all my life with good results. My hair did not like the Generic nor the Real nexxus Humectress.

anky said:
I have used the generic Infusium23 religiously nearly all my life with good results. My hair did not like the Generic nor the Real nexxus Humectress.

Yea...my hair likes real Nexxus but I dunno what was up with this crap. I'm just gonna stick to my beloved Kera Care. How could I ever stray! :wallbash:

I loved the Generic’s version. It did take a lot of work to rinse it out completely. I plan on buying the Generic’s version of Biosilk soon.

Honestly, the generic Humectress works GREAT for me. It just as good as the real thing as far as my hair is concerned. I switch back and forth, and I can tell no difference, even smells the same.

i remember buying the bootleg sally version of nexxus too and my hair hated it. later on i tried the original and fell in love. now its a staple.

basically - you get what you pay for!

Babygurl said:
Honestly, the generic Humectress works GREAT for me. It just as good as the real thing as far as my hair is concerned. I switch back and forth, and I can tell no difference, even smells the same.

Ummm hmmmm... I actually use Humectress for my blowouts :lol:

It was interesting because when I first bounced on this board, I was looking at all the product advice. "Man, I'm going to be broke" ran through my head...

But once I kind of got past the "junkie" stage and continued to use products I knew worked for me, I wasn't so gungho to "experiment" with other products, regardless of price.

I've used expensive products and inexpensive products and they've always pretty much done the same thing.

It's about BRAND, just like with JEANS when it comes to hair products :)

Last edited:
well I dunno about the Nexxus but the Joico isnt the same. It works just the same but the consistency is a lil different.

Hmmm... I tried the Generic version of Paul Mitchell The Conditioner,it was a miss.
Never tried the original tough.

I bought the Generic Aussie 3 Min Miracle and Paul Mitchell The Detangler. The Detangler is so-so, but the Aussie is awesome.

I was strapped for cash to get my beloved Kera Care so I decided to try Sally's Generic Nexxus.

In the shower I was impresed because my hair felt soft and relatively detangled.

However, one I got out of the shower and tried to detangle it was a mess and it felt sorta coated ... like the product left residue.

After drying my hair felt like wire. It's awful.

Have these products worked well for anyone? I'm returning them to the store.

Chayil

Man, I HATED the Sally's Generic Nexxus. Didn't do anything for my hair at all. :nono:

I bought the Generic Aussie 3 Min Miracle and Paul Mitchell The Detangler. The Detangler is so-so, but the Aussie is awesome.

Sounds like hit or miss. I tried the Sallys generic Humectress and thought it was okay until I broke bank and bought the genuine NEXXUS HUMECTRESS...much better and longer lasting. Felt the same when wet but once dried I could feelthe difference. I do like the Sallys generic Nexxus Aloe Rid and will use it when I have only a little/none of my Nexxus Aloe Rid left.

Back