Salerm 21

chocolatejalapeno

I finally purchased Salerm 21? Should I used the air dried phony tail method that I have heard about ( does any one have instuctions for this method) or blow dry my hair and flat iron it to get the best results?

I use this on my hair (freshly washed) when I'm airdrying or when I'm using heat. I get good results with both methods. What ponytail method are you referring to?

I think it is when you air dry you hair in a ponytail . . . I am not sure but I think it was post on this forum.... off to do a search. :)

P.S. Thanks for replying.

salerm will give you good results either way but i can personally vouch for using it as a blowdry/heat protectant. you will have a soft, silky, frangrant, airy blowdry for sure. after i blowdry each section i do a finger roll/pin curl. when all sections are pin curled i blow cool air for 1-2 minutes, undo the curls then wrap it, and then tie it up w/a silk scarf. the results are awesome.

for the ponytail method:
apply salerm (quarter size) from root to ends and gently smooth hair into a low ponytail

gather hair at nape and secure w/a silk scrunchy and smooth/staighten ends so that they dry straight as possible.

*if you are going to bed- wrap tail as around the forehead/hairline/crown of head and secure w/bobbypin and tie hair up w/silk scarf.

Either way. I personally don't like it to rollerset hair, esp if I use heat. It makes my hair feel coated, but that's just me. I do use it to make ponytails (no nec. as a drying method) and it makes them nice and sleek so I don't have to use any other 'product'.

Just a word of caution, it's not a heat protectant just a leave-in, so if you are using a blow dryer and/or iron please use a heat protectant as well as Salerm21.

sengschick said:
Either way. I personally don't like it to rollerset hair, esp if I use heat. It makes my hair feel coated, but that's just me.........

Hmmm...this is why I don't use it as a moisturizer. It feels so coated.(plus it is hard to come by for me) I use just a little on wet hair as my leave-in. It does leave my hair soft...

Aaliyahredefined said:
I think it is when you air dry you hair in a ponytail . . . I am not sure but I think it was post on this forum.... off to do a search. :)

P.S. Thanks for replying.
Oh, that. Ok. Now I know what you mean. A lot of people here air dry their hair in a ponytail. For some, it dries their hair straight. It's a good method for airdrying imo. Salerm 21 works good for this and also when rollersetting w/heat. I've done both. :)

Back