Sabino Lok & blok

Zaz

Sabino Lok & blok sale

Hey ladies, I just got an email from Victor Sabino, so for all you fans of the new Lok & blok, it's on sale bogo. Starting this tuesday

From February 16th until February 23nd, you will
be able to purchase one bottle of Lok and Blok
and GET ONE FREE!!! This is a cost of $11.00 PER BOTTLE!!!
Just place your order on our website www.sabinohair.com
and for every bottle you order, we will send you one FREE!

Last edited:
Is there a difference between the lok and blok and the original moisture block or is it just new packaging? I have the moisture block in my cart on Amazon.

Is there a difference between the lok and blok and the original moisture block or is it just new packaging? I have the moisture block in my cart on Amazon.

I've only used the new version so I can't compare. I wasn't blown away by it (it wasn't better than my pm super skinny and unavailable locally), it worked fine but the price and the online only put it on my do not repurchase list.
But at $11 per bottle I guess it's worth it.

The original formula of moisture block was the only thing that worked for me...it was great, no frizz. The new one is just like any other serum :-( I've moved on to chi silk infusion now...

The new formula contains a few more cones so that's its easier to work with. It suppose to be AS effective.

I took advantage of this sale. I am a huge fan of the old one. I really wanted to try the new one because it was easier to distribute in the hair and I have to say that it is a lot easier. I like it. It locks the moisture in my hair just as well as the old one. I have yet to flat iron with it though. My primary use for Sabino is to seal in the moisture after I wash and condition and it is surely doing the job:yep:.

ETA: The following was taken from an email response to a question I had from Victor Sabino. Just thought I'd pass it along.

FYI ….recently we found out that MB has been saturating the internet with illegally printed trademarked goods. We no longer make MB but manufacture L&B in its place. Please let anyone out there know that these goods are manufactured and purchased illegally, no matter where it is sold on the internet or in beauty supplies and salons. We can not support those who are buying these products nor guarantee they are the original formulas, as they may have diluted the product. We have our attorneys on this.

Hope that this helps,

Victor

Last edited:
I tried the original on my dd (all natural) 4c and it did nothing, made her hair dry hard frizzy and that was after a blow dry (just a section of the back of her hair).

oh No!...I never tried to the moisture block but I ordered a few bottles from that online site another poster shared---I really hope I didnt get the counterfeit one! I will complain and ask for a refund if it dont feel right

Last edited:
oh dayum...I never tried to the moisture block but I ordered a few bottles from that online site another poster shared---I really hope I didnt get the counterfeit one! I will complain and ask for a refund if it dont feel right

Thats the one I used. I cant really compare to anything as this was my 1st time using it.

I didnt like it for my dd. Im gonna try it on my hair (relaxed/6 mos post) this week to see what kind of results I get.

yes it will be my first time too! Did you like it?

I like it a LOT:grin: I used it today and I think I know where I went wrong with my daughter's hair. I didnt comb it thru the section of hair I tested, I just but it on the hair, like I do Chis Silk Infusion. I only blow dried her hair i didnt flat iron it.

I used it on my hair today after wash, & nice DC. I blow dried and flat iron, as I sectioned I put the SMB on each section and combed it thru from root to end. Then Flat iron..

Wow! I'm really impressed. I couldnt stopped touching the roots of my hair. Im over 6 mos post and 50% of my hair is natural. I cant wait to see how long this straightness last. I normally wash every week, Im gonna test this out and see howlong I can go before my roots start to revert. I even thought to myself today perhaps I can transition with SMB. Im sorry I didnt take pics. I will next wash.

I will definately try on my daughters hair again now that I know how to use correctly.

I like it a LOT:grin: I used it today and I think I know where I went wrong with my daughter's hair. I didnt comb it thru the section of hair I tested, I just but it on the hair, like I do Chis Silk Infusion. I only blow dried her hair i didnt flat iron it.

I used it on my hair today after wash, & nice DC. I blow dried and flat iron, as I sectioned I put the SMB on each section and combed it thru from root to end. Then Flat iron..

Wow! I'm really impressed. I couldnt stopped touching the roots of my hair. Im over 6 mos post and 50% of my hair is natural. I cant wait to see how long this straightness last. I normally wash every week, Im gonna test this out and see howlong I can go before my roots start to revert. I even thought to myself today perhaps I can transition with SMB. Im sorry I didnt take pics. I will next wash.

I will definately try on my daughters hair again now that I know how to use correctly.

Update: Its been 6 days and today is a damp day (light rain drops) in Florida. I notice while standing with my daughter at the bus stop for school for about 15 min. When I got back inside my hair has started to revert. The back and front parts along with the roots.

I have added pics to my Fotki

Last edited:
Back