Sabino against Deep Conditioning?

I just read that in the other thread, along with their flatiron advise. I was like :eek:

What parts do you disagree with, exactly?

These:

6. ) Make sure that the flat iron is turned up as high as possible. Using a flat iron that reaches 400 degrees or more is best. Moisture Block blocks the excess heat from damaging your hair.

I'm sorry, but I just don't agree that anyone should use up to 400 degrees on their hair. That's just me personally...

9. Deep heat conditioning treatments are a rip especially when you pay for the service at a salon. Conditioners only go so deep into the hair shaft and hair CAN NOT be repaired if damaged but only made to feel better

My hair has been repaired after deep conditioning and steam treatments.

10.Oils make hair greasy and gives the hair a phony looking shine and offer nothing as a fixative. Natural products are great for protecting the environment but your hair could care less ... remember ... IT'S DEAD!!

I do agree that hair is dead, but I disagree about the oils. I guess based off my own personal experience is why I don't agree. The same goes for natural products, since I use ayurvedic products, the condition of my hair changed drastically.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope that's some good crack they are smokin' over there. Obviously, the writers of are of the clear nation. Even -1a hair I don't think what they say flies.

These:

9. Deep heat conditioning treatments are a rip especially when you pay for the service at a salon. Conditioners only go so deep into the hair shaft and hair CAN NOT be repaired if damaged but only made to feel better

My hair has been repaired after deep conditioning and steam treatments.

10.Oils make hair greasy and gives the hair a phony looking shine and offer nothing as a fixative. Natural products are great for protecting the environment but your hair could care less ... remember ... IT'S DEAD!!

I do agree that hair is dead, but I disagree about the oils. I guess based off my own personal experience is why I don't agree. The same goes for natural products, since I use ayurvedic products, the condition of my hair changed drastically.

Hrm. It depends on your definition of damage. You can't repair split ends, you can't repair missing cuticles, you can't repair exploded keratin, etc.
You can give your hair what it needs via DC's/steam, and make it feel better - but if it was 'mechanically' damaged, it's still damaged, ya know? I don't consider dry hair to be 'damaged', ya know?

And I think it depends on the oils - most oils molecules are large enough that they just sit on top of the hair. In ayurvedics, I suspect it's what's in the oil that makes more of a difference than the oil itself, ya know? That's why you can use the powders or the oils....

Yeah, I hope that's some good crack they are smokin' over there. Obviously, the writers of are of the clear nation. Even -1a hair I don't think what they say flies.

I don't know if I was reading it right, but it seemed like the writers were saying that everything you think you do right for your hair is wrong and everything you think you do wrong for your hair is right... I'm probably just confused...

Hrm. It depends on your definition of damage. You can't repair split ends, you can't repair missing cuticles, you can't repair exploded keratin, etc.

You can give your hair what it needs via DC's/steam, and make it feel better - but if it was 'mechanically' damaged, it's still damaged, ya know? I don't consider dry hair to be 'damaged', ya know?

And I think it depends on the oils - most oils molecules are large enough that they just sit on top of the hair. In ayurvedics, I suspect it's what's in the oil that makes more of a difference than the oil itself, ya know? That's why you can use the powders or the oils....

True, that makes sense. BTW, what's exploded keratin?

True, that makes sense. BTW, what's exploded keratin?

hair_twh_73_03.jpg

http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_73.htm *shudder*

Excellent points Kiya.

I have not used the product yet but my guess would be that if other ladies are having good experiences with the product, it could be used along with common sense. Don't turn your flat iron up to 400 degrees, continue your DC's and treat your hair well as always. Reap the benefits of the product and ignore the bull.

Clear people certainly can't use a 400 degree iron, it would burn it right off their heads so I'm not sure what that's about.

they're trippin alright but that MB is my #1 boo.

and for the record, i DC'd before i used it and didn't turn my solia past 380...that crazy summerbish

Back