?'s for JCPenneys salon goers

tal

?\'s for JCPenneys salon goers

I'm considering going to JC Penneys salons to get a touchup, deep conditioning, TRIM, and a rinse. I wanted to know the following:

1. What brand of products do they use?
2. What type of deep conditioning do they do for very dry brittle hair?
3. Are their services on par with other salons from your experience?
4. Are you in there forever, like I've experienced from other salons?
5. Are their prices reasonable?
6. Do their keep relaxer and rinse in your hair for a sufficient amount of time?
7. What is your opinion regaring their overall customer service?

I basically want to know if it's even worth considering.

Thanks much for your comments.

Re: ?\'s for JCPenneys salon goers

1. Varies. Alot of them use Mizani and Dudley. However, CALL THEM and ask because it may vary from store to store...but these are usually staple black hair care products. They also use KeraCare, Paul Mitchell, Biolage, Nexxuss, Matrix (I think)...okay, can you tell that I work at a JCPenney...just not in the salon.

2. Alot of the conditioners that they use can be used for deep conditioning. My stylist used KeraCare Humecto on my hair (Atlanta)...when I was in Montgomery, the stylist there used Nexxus...some others may use Paul Mitchell. Product usuage generally varies by stylist.

3. I found them to be better than other salons that I'd visited. They were licensed. They give you good tips and they do consultations that are usually free or low priced. If you aren't sure, GET A CONSULTATION FIRST!!! They have different level stylists and the pricing is different for them. You may want to visit the store in person and make your consult appt.

4. I would be in by 8am and usually out around 10. Like I said, it varies...The latest I've been in there is around 3 but my appt. wasn't until around 10 AND she did my hair AND my mom's hair and got us out of there by 3.

5. The prices are reasonable to me. I used to get a wash and rollerset for about $15. Which wasn't bad at all to me.

6. I think so. I never had any problems. Like I said though, ask!! You may also be able to observe them at work. There were times when I would just go in and watch for a while. I like doing hair and so I would watch and then copy what they did on my own head. Also, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION to how they do your hair and what they put on it. ASK QUESTIONS!!! Most of them have no problem with this.

7. They are the ONLY salon that I will let do my hair. I went to them as a permie and I've gone to them as a natural.

Also, try to get a stylist who specializes in the type of style you want...meaning, if you have short hair, get one who does GREAT with short hair styles...long hair, same thing.

I hope this helped.

1. What brand of products do they use?
For "our" hair it's Mizani, Keracare, and Deep Brilliance. They also use Matrix products, Paul Mitchell, Biosilk and maybe a few others.
2. What type of deep conditioning do they do for very dry brittle hair? Their super reconstructive treatment is by Matrix--it's called Matrix Protopack or something like that.
3. Are their services on par with other salons from your experience? Yes as far as the styling, conditioning of the hair, etc. --Customer service is better.
4. Are you in there forever, like I've experienced from other salons? No--they do not overbook.
5. Are their prices reasonable? I pay them and have no complaints.
6. Do their keep relaxer and rinse in your hair for a sufficient amount of time? My stylist does.
7. What is your opinion regaring their overall customer service? Excellent, because they are accountable to someone other than themselves.

Ladies, thank you so much for going into great detail. Especially the tip about the consultation and observing them at work.

I have a Dudley relaxer in my hair. I'm not too particular about the brand of conditioner they use. I hope and pray that they have a steamer though. I would love to get under one of those.

Thanks again.

I have been patronizing my local JC Penney salon since October 2003, and could not be more pleased with the progress my hair has made, and the quality of service I have received.

I find that the stylists are well-trained, and are required to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and skills. I have received two steamer treatments, and they have reaped tremendous dividends for my hair. My mother could not stop commenting re: how soft my hair is since receiving the steamer treatments.

I highly recommend the services at a JC Penney salon.

BTW: I have an Affirm lye relaxer, mild strength.

northernbelle

Prices:

In my area of upstate NY:
$65.00 for a relaxer touch up
$32.00 for a conditioning treatment w/ the steamer

northernbelle

Would anyone here recommend JCPenny's salon for naturals? I'm afraid of getting my hair ripped out again, but I would love to treat myself to a professional hairdo every once in a while

Back