S. Florida: Where are the BEST Beauty Supply Stores in Palm Beach, Broward & Dade?

Lady Esquire

Hey ladies. :wave: Just moved back after a long absence. So, where are the best BSS stores in Palm Beach county (and Broward & Miami Dade too)? I am looking for the types that have Dominican, professional-grade, and hard-to-find products. Thank you!

Last edited:
Re: S. Florida: Where are the BEST Beauty Supply Stores in Palm Beach, Broward & Dade

There's New York Beauty Supply on University Drive just one block north of Commercial Blvd. (in Tamarac in Broward County).

Last edited:
Re: S. Florida: Where are the BEST Beauty Supply Stores in Palm Beach, Broward & Dade

I haven't lived there i a while, but I remember Lugo's (in Miami) being good (but mainly for hair/wigs). Lugo's is on NW 119 st, just a few blocks west of NW 7 Ave (441).

As for a standard BSS with a nice selection, try Elegant Beauty Supply. They are a chain with many locations (Lauderhill, Atlantic Blvd., etc). There are others in Broward but they're smaller mom/pop operations. There's also Beauty Supply Warehouse on 441 just south of Oakland Park Blvd.

PB County does not have the best selections, and they're usually more expensive. I used to stock up in Dade/Brwd and only buy in PB County when absolutely necessary.

If you can be a little more specific on area, I can probably tell you more....

The best one is in Plantation at the plaza at sunrise blvd and unversity drive. They have very high end products that you wouldn't expect to find in a beauty supply and would usually have to order online. The beauty supply warehouse on 441 in lauderhill is ok, too. When I lived in Greenacres (palm beach), there weren't any great beauty supply. There is an ok one close to 10th ave in greenacres.

There's New York Beauty Supply on University Drive just one block north of Commercial Blvd. (in Tamarac in Broward County).
I lived close to there and used to shop there. One of my best friends still lives close by.

I haven't lived there i a while, but I remember Lugo's (in Miami) being good (but mainly for hair/wigs). Lugo's is on NW 119 st, just a few blocks west of NW 7 Ave (441).

As for a standard BSS with a nice selection, try Elegant Beauty Supply. They are a chain with many locations (Lauderhill, Atlantic Blvd., etc). There are others in Broward but they're smaller mom/pop operations. There's also Beauty Supply Warehouse on 441 just south of Oakland Park Blvd.

PB County does not have the best selections, and they're usually more expensive. I used to stock up in Dade/Brwd and only buy in PB County when absolutely necessary.

If you can be a little more specific on area, I can probably tell you more....
I've been to the Elegant.

The best one is in Plantation at the plaza at sunrise blvd and unversity drive. They have very high end products that you wouldn't expect to find in a beauty supply and would usually have to order online. The beauty supply warehouse on 441 in lauderhill is ok, too. When I lived in Greenacres (palm beach), there weren't any great beauty supply. There is an ok one close to 10th ave in greenacres.
I know both of these. I live in PB now and I was hoping they'd be one that I was unaware of up here. I see nothing has changed since I moved.

I'll check out the one on 10th in Greenacres. Never been there.

Thanks ladies.

^^LOL. I guess not much had changed. I remember the one on 10th in Lake Worth/Greenacres. If I recall correctly, it's on the west side of the road and does not have a great selection.

Dade county here: I usually go to Ulta in Southland mall.

Dade county here: I usually go to Ulta in Southland mall.

I doubt that would have Dominican products. I've have a couple of Salons I visit but I don't know if they sell Dominican products.

I think Elegant has some Dominican Products and I believe there is one in PB.

Yup there is :)

Elegant Beauty Supplies Super Center
1321 N. Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Former CVS building
T. 561.471.7147
F. 561.471.7152
Sunday - Thursday 9 am - 9 pm
Friday & Saturday 9 am - 10 pm

I'm from Riviera Beach, but I now live in Baltimore. Have you tried the BSS on 45th Street Near I-95?

I miss Florida sometimes...

1321 N. Military Trail
Former CVS building
T. 561.471.7147
F. 561.471.7152

Thank you, CrissieD!! I will definitely visit that one.
I'm from Riviera Beach, but I now live in Baltimore. Have you tried the BSS on 45th Street Near I-95?
No haven't been to this one. Do you remember the name? Is it Vera's or Annie's?

y'all are so blessed. i spend a few weeks in Ft. Lauderdale in early June and I passed about 5 BSS just on my way to church with my auntie. There about 3 in Boston :ohwell: I believe the major rode we were on was University.

1321 N. Military Trail
Former CVS building
T. 561.471.7147
F. 561.471.7152

Cool! About time PB County has a large BSS. Now I know where to go (close to home), when I go back.

y'all are so blessed. i spend a few weeks in Ft. Lauderdale in early June and I passed about 5 BSS just on my way to church with my auntie. There about 3 in Boston :ohwell: I believe the major rode we were on was University.

I used to live off of University back in the day, and I guess I took it for granted that there were so many to choose from. You're right, I've lived in 5 states, and S. Florida definitely has some of the best.

I live in Plantation and this BSS has ALOT of great products!

Palm Beach County resident here, west palm to be exact. Elegant is a good one, as well as, Deco Drive. Exit 45th street, head east, store is on the right hand side

Dominican Beauty Supply (a whole beauty supply full of Dominican products and a little Dominican salon in the back, in an entire Dominican shopping center...LOL) in Miami (west, close to the Turnpike or 826...)

Dominican Beauty Supply
19593 NW 57th Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL 33055

You might drive right past it because the plaza sits in the cut a little bit. Be careful too! Its like Washington Heights on those streets (full of pot-holes)...

Great products! Half my regi is from this beauty supply.

I just moved here. Looking for dominican products in west palm beach. i'll check out elegant beauty supply. anywhere else?

The best one is in Plantation at the plaza at sunrise blvd and unversity drive. They have very high end products that you wouldn't expect to find in a beauty supply and would usually have to order online. The beauty supply warehouse on 441 in lauderhill is ok, too. .

I second these 2 places. :yep:

I live in boynton but work in west palm for Dominican products elegant in west palm on military has some they do have most of the hair products...I love vera bss in west palm on military trl and community blvd. I'm a regular and they have all the wigs I'm normally looking for

Back