S-Curl or other activator experts .....

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Can you tell me if moisturizing my hair with s-curl will keep it constantly wet? I have being stalling buying the product because I don't want my hair wet and frizzy but I need a good moisturizer. What do you ladies suggest?
Peace

No,

Using the S-Curl won't keep your hair constantly wet at all. I used some this morning and although it feels really wet when you first put it on, it dries totally, leaving your hair really soft.
smile.gif
I haven't been using it on a regular basis, only because I don't always wear my hair pulled back.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Lindy said:
No,

Using the S-Curl won't keep your hair constantly wet at all. I used some this morning and although it feels really wet when you first put it on, it dries totally, leaving your hair really soft.
smile.gif
I haven't been using it on a regular basis, only because I don't always wear my hair pulled back.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO
grin.gif

Believe me, I was also skeptical about using S-Curl too
crazy.gif
I was like ain't this stuff for jherri curls
laugh.gif
Well, since Adrienne recommended it to me for breakage I gave it a try. Let me tell you, a love it
grin.gif

Try it!

also does wonders wen werin braids coz i've since stopped using the stay-sot-fro braid spray that i used to use b4 coz the s-curl is doin wonders for my hair

I also have a question for S-curl users (forgive me if this has already been asked)....do you put it on in the mornings or evenings? Can I put it in my hair before wrapping it at night? Do you just put it on near the roots or just the hair ends? On days when I will be wearing my hair down....can I put it on the night/evening before I wrap it? When you apply it, does it ever become very drippy?

TIA!!

Hmmm...now there's something I never thought to do---mix my S-curl with CFC Gold! I love my CFC and the S-Curl I'm just "ehhh" about.....hmmmm...
scratchchin.gif

lexi, i NEVER use S-Curl on my hair when i wear it straight down. it's really not the right texture and consistency for spraying on straight styles.
nono.gif

you also need to avoid spraying it directly on your scalp if you're like most people. for some reason, the glycerine in it makes the scalp itch really bad if sprayed directly on it.

adrienne

adrienne0914 said:
lexi, i NEVER use S-Curl on my hair when i wear it straight down. it's really not the right texture and consistency for spraying on straight styles.
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Me either. I mainly use it when I wear my hair in a bun.

lexi_24 wrote :
I also have a question for S-curl users (forgive me if this has already been asked)....do you put it on in the mornings or evenings? When you apply it, does it ever become very drippy?

[/ QUOTE ]

the s-curl i have is the no drip formula which does exactly liek it sez-it doesnt drip...my biggest fear b4 purchasing the product was sitting down and leaving grease buildup on the place my hair was resting but the formula keeps this from happening
grin.gif
i apply it jus after getting out of the bath in the mornings or afternooons and hardly at nite unless i'm goin out that nite

hth

I used S-curl to keep my tracks moist and I have gotten a nother inch of growth. I just spray on the track and rub into the braid and keep if off the scalp. My stylist was reall inpressed with the growth and the volume I am getting.

Nessa:

I have only been doing this consistanly for a month..so I will let you know if I get another inch in 30 days.

Myhairsos,

I use S-curl only while wearing a bun. It keeps my hair moist all day. Which to me is a good thing.

-lee

i also use a little s-curl on my damp hair if i'm putting it in a ponytail or bun. but last night i was experimenting and i found another way to use it! i added some s-curl along with a little spritz of Pantene leave-in spray. then i blowdried my hair on the lowest temperature and used a roundbrush to give it a little curl on the ends. i don't know how this would come out for anyone else, but my hair came out so smooth, soft and bouncy!
smile.gif

you mean blow dry without a round brush?
perplexed.gif
if so, i'm not sure! your question is worth a try if you keep the heat down low.
grin.gif

i did this once also, patticake! i didn't use the round brush, just the comb attachment on my blow dryer. it worked out fine. i'd do it again, but i don't wear my hair down that often, and i really don't like doing it myself anymore.
nono.gif

adrienne

adrienne0914 said:
i did this once also, patticake! i didn't use the round brush, just the comb attachment on my blow dryer. it worked out fine. i'd do it again, but i don't wear my hair down that often, and i really don't like doing it myself anymore.
nono.gif

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

i did it again last night! my hair is so smooth and sleek right now! but don't add to much s-curl or else your hair will be stiff. i don't really like doing it myself either, but i had to learn because my hairdresser is so old school. she believe in using a curling iron as much as possible.
frown.gif

Nessa said:
How would S curl make your hair stiff. Doesn't it make it wavy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know about anyone else, but if i put too much s-curl on my hair when it's dry it makes it filmy and stiff from all the build up.
frown.gif

Back