Rusk Hair Care Products

madamdot

:) Well ladies I went on reconnaissance and wanted to share the results with you all.

I've heard lots of positive things about Rusk - particularly the smoothers; but have had a hard time finding it here in DC in my usual haunts. Anyway I visited thier website http://www.rusk1.com to see if I could figure out where to find thier products... and I did!

The site has a "Salon Search" option where you can search for Rusk Salons in your area.
I did the DC search http://www.rusk1.com/search/salon-search-results.asp
and went to Norberts to make sure they had the products - and YUP... they sure did. They are of course more expensive than it would have been at my CVS or so (which carries everything but the smoother). I figure if I try it and like it I can scope of better deals online.

Go forth and Grow! :D :D

I had the same experience when first trying to find Rusk products; found everything at the drug store except the smoother. Even tried Big Lots. Big Lots had some Rusk products that I bought, but not the smoother. (I have a serious review for one of the products that you will be tempted to buy, but please don't)......Anywho, I stumbled up on a big 32oz bottle of Smoother at Ulta on clearance for $9.99. I think someone else posted that they had found that deal in their area too!

OFF TOPIC................................
Back to the Rusk deal I thought I was getting at Big Lots....well it was their Detangler. Its in a clear bottle and looks like shampoo smells extremely good, but let me tell you, it did everything EXCEPT detangle my hair. Yeah, I thought I had hit the jackpot to be able to find any Rusk product for 99 cents, but I should have left it there. I don't think they meant to put "de" on that bottle in front of "tangler". You are supposed to put it on wet hair then rinse out. I tried to first detangle it in the shower after I rinsed my hair out and it was going on 20 minutes and I was still in the shower trying. I finally got out and it took me another 45 minutes!!!! My hair got really knotty and the stuff had no slip at all!!! I was cursing myself for being such a pj and buying this stuff!!!! Never again. (and to think I bought 2 bottles of it - I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy)

I loooove me some Rusk Smoother... softens my hair pretty nicely, although I may need an extra detangling agent, which is where Paul Mitchell THE DETANGLER comes in... ever since I started using this thing a couple weeks ago, my hair is easier to manage! I love it! and right now i'm also loving Nexxus Headress as my other creamy leave in. For a while, I had it there, tried it, didn't love it so i just left it there and used the Rusk Smoother, but I decided to give it a try again and i realized the mistake I had made back then. I wasn't being patient. I expected to just put in on my hair and comb right away and that didn't work... u just leave it in for a few minutes and when u touch ur hair, feels VERY soft, so now i'm loving it!!

i also tried the Rusk Moist Shampoo, I liked it, but sometimes u need something much more moisturizing, you know? and it doen't have SLS either, i think. It just has ALS though... i dont know if that's a good thing.

blackbarbie said:
Anywho, I stumbled up on a big 32oz bottle of Smoother at Ulta on clearance for $9.99. I think someone else posted that they had found that deal in their area too!

wow that's a GREAT price. I pay $9.99 for my 8 oz bottle... are there any Ulta stores in South Florida, preferrably in the Miami area?

Is the detangler the one for "Confused" hair. I read that on one of the bottles and busted out laughing. The woman at the store probably thought I was insane! :lachen:

Yea I hear its at the Ulta's here. But for me that is too far away that I know I would never get it. We dont have a Big Lots. At least not one I know of.

I wanted to try this because I am just getting to know my hair and a lot of things recommended on this board just doesnt work for my hair (EVOO :eek: ).

My hair does not airdry well and I want something to help it along. Not only that I have 3 textures 3c/4a/4b and I want something to smoothe them all.... maybe I need the detangler for confused hair afterall :ohwell:

Ladies .... please do not purchase your hair products at drug stores or discount stores. Most of the time they are old products and that could be why they don't perform as well as they should. If you purchase them at a salon then they are guaranteed and if you don't like them, you can bring them back. Most people have Super Wal-Marts in their area and they sell a lot of different salon products (although I haven't seen Rusk). If you are having a hard time finding a product, post it on the Exchange board and I'm sure some of us PJs can help you out. :D

madamdot said:
Is the detangler the one for "Confused" hair. I read that on one of the bottles and busted out laughing. The woman at the store probably thought I was insane! :lachen:

Yea I hear its at the Ulta's here. But for me that is too far away that I know I would never get it. We dont have a Big Lots. At least not one I know of.

I wanted to try this because I am just getting to know my hair and a lot of things recommended on this board just doesnt work for my hair (EVOO :eek: ).

My hair does not airdry well and I want something to help it along. Not only that I have 3 textures 3c/4a/4b and I want something to smoothe them all.... maybe I need the detangler for confused hair afterall :ohwell:

I hadn't paid attention to that part (for "confused" hair), but I just went to look at the bottle and that's it. It's "invisible". I must say that when I finished using it, my hair was indeed "confused".:D

Back