RUSK Flatiron Owners/Users...

NOLA2NY

I am considering getting a Rusk flatiron and as any good LHCF member I have to research before making the plunge. :scratchch:bookworm::scratchchI ran a search and I've read a few reviews about Rusk irons but not many at all. Most of these reviews were buried within CHI, FHI or some other type of flatiron poll. Can any owners and/or users please give me some reviews. My CHI is on it's last leg...they burn out too quickly (a little over a year) and with little use until recently.... I need a replacement. Thanks in advance!

My stylist uses Rusk and it works! i was thinking of getting one for my personal use as well...it gets my hair bone straight and really quickly. she is dominican and i am transitioning, half of my hair is natural, the other half relaxed...it works, trust....you won't be sorry...i have a maxiglide and it makes my hair tooo poofy...i'd use it for my daughter, but not for me....i used it once and never picked it up again....:wallbash:

My stylist uses Rusk and it works! i was thinking of getting one for my personal use as well...it gets my hair bone straight and really quickly. she is dominican and i am transitioning, half of my hair is natural, the other half relaxed...it works, trust....you won't be sorry...i have a maxiglide and it makes my hair tooo poofy...i'd use it for my daughter, but not for me....i used it once and never picked it up again....:wallbash:

Thanks!!!! :grin: We're in the same boat so I know you can relate. Now to decide which Rusk iron to get! lol! Thanks again!

OMG! The Rusk CTC flatiron is the truth. Last night I flatironed my hair using it and Sabino's Moisture Block and the results were amazing. The chi has nothing on this flatiron!!!!! One pass and I was smooth and silky. Rusk + MB is an amazing combo. I am going to take some pictures. As I expressed in the MB thread my "clear" and "how you doing asian" co-workers told me my hair was very pretty! I am too happy!Thanks ladies for all your advice.

While typing I'm swinging my hair from side to side!! :gorgeous:

OMG! The Rusk CTC flatiron is the truth. Last night I flatironed my hair using it and Sabino's Moisture Block and the results were amazing. The chi has nothing on this flatiron!!!!! One pass and I was smooth and silky. Rusk + MB is an amazing combo. I am going to take some pictures. As I expressed in the MB thread my "clear" and "how you doing asian" co-workers told me my hair was very pretty! I am too happy!Thanks ladies for all your advice.

While typing I'm swinging my hair from side to side!! :gorgeous:

You know you need to stop it:grin:. I saw this flat iron at PJ paradise TJMAXX for $49...I was sooooo tempted to get it, it goes up to 450 degrees too so I know it will give me that silky straight results that I like. I'll keep my eye out on this one.

You know you need to stop it:grin:. I saw this flat iron at PJ paradise TJMAXX for $49...I was sooooo tempted to get it, it goes up to 450 degrees too so I know it will give me that silky straight results that I like. I'll keep my eye out on this one.

Health you know I got it from TJMaxx...and I stumbled on it. I had been on a anti Chi rant and my friend told me about Rusk flatirons. Her hair wasn't exactly bouncy and behaving so I was uncertain. :blush: (She did admit that she hardly used hers!) So I researched and googled and didn't find enough info and I didn't want to duplicate my Chi experience so I started this thread. The next day I went with a friend to TJMaxx to get picture frames and it was then while standing in theat long line that I found it. I wasn't even looking for it!!! It was divine intervention cause God must have been tired of my puffy hair and that darn bun also! :lachen::lachen:I didn't realize they sold that type of stuff.... And lets not talk about all the shampoos and conditioner. You know I'm going back!!! Trust me get it; you will be happy. My girlfriend asked me how my hair came out and I told her I got the fresh perm swang! lol! I'm hooked! :gorgeous::reddancer::gorgeous:

Health you know I got it from TJMaxx...and I stumbled on it. I had been on a anti Chi rant and my friend told me about Rusk flatirons. Her hair wasn't exactly bouncy and behaving so I was uncertain. :blush: (She did admit that she hardly used hers!) So I researched and googled and didn't find enough info and I didn't want to duplicate my Chi experience so I started this thread. The next day I went with a friend to TJMaxx to get picture frames and it was then while standing in theat long line that I found it. I wasn't even looking for it!!! It was divine intervention cause God must have been tired of my puffy hair and that darn bun also! :lachen::lachen:I didn't realize they sold that type of stuff.... And lets not talk about all the shampoos and conditioner. You know I'm going back!!! Trust me get it; you will be happy. My girlfriend asked me how my hair came out and I told her I got the fresh perm swang! lol! I'm hooked! :gorgeous::reddancer::gorgeous:

Yeah TJ Maxx is the devil:lachen:. What's messed up is that it's within walking distance from my house. I'm there too much! I'm trying stuff that I was never able to try before because of TJ Maxx. But I'm still thinking about that flat iron...even though I have a brand new one that I used twice.

Yeah TJ Maxx is the devil:lachen:. What's messed up is that it's within walking distance from my house. I'm there too much! I'm trying stuff that I was never able to try before because of TJ Maxx. But I'm still thinking about that flat iron...even though I have a brand new one that I used twice.

Ok Health so do you sleep! You responded to the original post at almost 4 in the morning and you up and at it again!!! Girl, I need that kind of energy!!! What do you think about the shampoos and conditoners they carry! I'm on a rusk kick and I need more conditioners so I may try a few they have in the store...

I work at nights and sleep during the days like a Vampire:lachen:! I think the quality products they offer is wonderful. I get to try out all those expensive shi shi products without going broke! I discovered some new stuff that I would have never used. I get most of my staples like Giovanni, TIGI and ABBA from there. I tried the RUSK leave-in conditioner but I was really disappointed, I'm still interested in some of the Rusk shampoos though. I've been eyeing the Coral Detangling Shampoo and Algae stuff but after my experience with the leave in treatment I just don't know...

I went yesterday and there were no Rusk leave in there so I opted not to get anything. But there was Giovanni and ABBA products. I've never tried any of these..can you recommend any? I'm going to do a search on them and see what I can round up!

I went yesterday and there were no Rusk leave in there so I opted not to get anything. But there was Giovanni and ABBA products. I've never tried any of these..can you recommend any? I'm going to do a search on them and see what I can round up!

Oh Yes:lachen:don't get a PJ started.

Giovanni
Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner
Direct Leave on Conditioner

Abba

Moisture Scensation Shampoo
Nourishing Shampoo
Shampoo for Color Treated Hair
2 Minute Conditioner (tingle city)
Leave-on conditioner

Can't go wrong with either line.

Oh my, I'm excited now. I need to go find a TJMaxx near me.

Like join the obsession! I didn't realize they had so many good products there. And the great thing is the prices!!! I don't feel to bad when I over do it.....

Did I tell you I love my Rusk CTC flatiron!!! Love it, love it! It retails for 215 and got it for 49!!!

Ok off to buy giovanni products at TJMAXX!!!

How's the Rusk iron going? The str8 ceramic is on sale for $50 bucks (and i just bought the gvp from sallys last nite ;( )online, a big difference from the $180 price tag. I'd like to know how it's holding up. Do you use it often? Thanks~

How's the Rusk iron going? The str8 ceramic is on sale for $50 bucks (and i just bought the gvp from sallys last nite ;( )online, a big difference from the $180 price tag. I'd like to know how it's holding up. Do you use it often? Thanks~

Hey there sweetie,

Let me know how you like the gvp one? I haven't brought mine yet.

gvp iron is not good at all. i'm transitioning and i know i didn't blowout first, but i am not impressed. my hair is not difficult to straighten, even without a relaxer. off to rusk i go.....first stop, sally's for a refund.

gvp iron is not good at all. i'm transitioning and i know i didn't blowout first, but i am not impressed. my hair is not difficult to straighten, even without a relaxer. off to rusk i go.....first stop, sally's for a refund.

oh no....this is too bad. sorry to hear this. My hair isn't that difficult to straighten either. Let me know what you think of the rusk iron.

i have this Rusk flat iron and it does a good job. i got it on ebay, as a combo with a ceramic curling iron, for approx $90. mind you, i've never tried any other flat iron, so i can't make any contrasts/comparisons!

engirons_ire2558.jpg

Hi Bronze,

Sorry it took me so long to reply. ( I was out of town!)
I love, love, love my rusk iron. I use it twice a month and it is truly great and I have no problems with this flat iron. I can get my hair straight in one pass with this iron. (I am in month 18 of transitioning.) I bought my iron from TJMAXX for cheap! It was a great buy.

I hope this helps!

That is so reassuring, i just purchased one for $50 online - a special is running on the rusk website-, it's 1.5 inches, i am so excited, it's my first major flat iron purchase. That gvp was a joke. I'm transitioning, month 14. I'll let you know how it goes. I really want professional results, my hairdresser works hers for real. I was just hoping i was making the BeSt purchase, there are so many great irons to choose from.

That is so reassuring, i just purchased one for $50 online - a special is running on the rusk website-, it's 1.5 inches, i am so excited, it's my first major flat iron purchase. That gvp was a joke. I'm transitioning, month 14. I'll let you know how it goes. I really want professional results, my hairdresser works hers for real. I was just hoping i was making the BeSt purchase, there are so many great irons to choose from.

Let me know how you this one. Last night, I ordered around $70 in vitamins and must wait a little before making another purchase of anything hair related.

Last edited:
I hope this is more tool than technique, bcs i am not skilled in this area, so i'm gonna practice until i get it perfect.

I hope this is more tool than technique, bcs i am not skilled in this area, so i'm gonna practice until i get it perfect.

:look: you and me both. I plan on teaching myself how to braid so that I can braid my own hair. I am going to purchase the 1'' one next month, hopefully. What blowdryers have you been looking into getting? I remember healthb4length raving about the elchim 5000. I was hoping to not pay more than $50 for one with a comb attachment. I am going to keep looking and will let you know what I find.

Back