Running Into The Ex

@LiftedUp

Einh you might have a point. Men seem to care less about these types of accomplishments. Or at least in the social class that I have access to lol

I don't even think it's a social class issue tho. "My ex got a PhD without me :cry:" said no man ever lol.

Most men with money don't care about those things and don't care about your money. Get a new man who's better than them and they're sick to their stomach.

It ain't about him being impressed with her being a doctor or whether or not men care about a woman's occupation. The point is showing him that his absence didn't make her miss a beat. Him being gone didn't cause her to curl up in her bed and give up on her life and her goals and her dreams.

It ain't about him being impressed with her being a doctor or whether or not men care about a woman's occupation. The point is showing him that his absence didn't make her miss a beat. Him being gone didn't cause her to curl up in her bed and give up on her life and her goals and her dreams.

I completely agree! About her. Not him. The point of this thread IMO is her triumph and the pride she felt in telling him she was a Doctor. Especially since in his mind probably all that mattered was if she was a Ms. or Mrs. It's ok if he doesn't care or get it. What matters is that she does.

tumblr_nxnbvpAW4l1u3eoyoo1_500.gif

This is very true. It all depends on the guy's personality. I also agree with the other ladies. Most guys who are accomplished and have money may expect women they date to have the same (if she's a reformed thot who made a 180, then he'd be shocked). But if she's doing well and has a guy who is better than him... expect him to be the one up at night, huddled in a corner crying. lol

I will say that for some men, they'd like to be credited with having a hand in your success (that's their egos). Like, you did all of that on their watch and feel that the next guy would have to dap them (in their minds).

tumblr_nxnbvpAW4l1u3eoyoo1_500.gif

This is very true. It all depends on the guy's personality. I also agree with the other ladies. Most guys who are accomplished and have money may expect women they date to have the same (if she's a reformed thot who made a 180, then he'd be shocked). But if she's doing well and has a guy who is better than him... expect him to be the one up at night, huddled in a corner crying. lol

I will say that for some men, they'd like to be credited with having a hand in your success (that's their egos). Like, you did all of that on their watch and feel that the next guy would have to dap them (in their minds).
Eh i disagree.

You are allowed to do so. :)

*And instead of "most" I'll say "several." I'm basing this off of my dating history and guys I've interacted with (so it definitely isn't most men, lol). It all depends on the guy's personality. I know "regular guys" (and well-known men) who live very comfortably, have multiple degrees and only date or marry women who have a similar resume. On the other hand, there are many accomplished men who impregnate or walk down the aisle with human blow-up dolls.

Eh i disagree.

Love the response! Talking like a boss. Doesn't matter what he thought about it---it puts things in perspective that your life is about more than if you're married and your life hasn't been on hold since you all called it quits.

Last edited:
Depends. I have a few exes who have told me outright that they were proud of my career success and wished they had married me. But these guys are very ambitious and stacked so they see themselves reflected in me. One even said he taught me well:rolleyes:

But there are some that would have seen my success as a threat or simply did not care either way.

This works with men though?

Honestly I don't know any of my exes who would be taken aback with the OP. Most they'll be like is: from where, in what, and congrats if the first two answers were satisfactory enough :look:.

I do not see the response as the op dwelling on anything. He asked her a question and she responded. Those comments about dwelling has me scratching my head...

Ain't god good?

Back