RUBBING NAILS TO GROW HAIR?

flowinlocks

Hey guys,
has anyone heard of or tried this method for growing hair? I have been reading that this is a common practice in India called nail rubbing, rubbing the nails from one hand with the tips of the other is suppose to stimulate pressure points in that area to increase blood flow to the scalp. This method is used for male pattern baldness, thinning, shedding, and it also is suppose to darken the hair as well. Check out this sitehttp://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/113968/. and tell me what you think. If anyone has done this and seen results, please share. I myself have never heard of this till today.Lol oh yeah they also said not to rub the nails from the thumbs together cause this would darken & increase beard hair!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
There's something I would do once and never again...
unless someone had some real proof that it worked
I wouldn't waste my time...
I think your time would be better
spent doing a scalp massage.

But, that's some interesting info thanks for posting

I've heard of this a few years ago when I used to be into the naturopathic and homeopathic thing. Don't remember where I read it though.

This topic seems familiar to me. I think I've heard about this before. Hmmm Interesting...i wonderrrrr (as i secretly rub my nails together hahahaha:shhh:)

I refuse to believe that it has come to this...
So...are you supposed to rub slow or fast? strokes or small circles? :sekret:

My mother told me about this in the early 90's....I didn't do it long enough to see if it actually worked. :ohwell:

I read about this on the indus ladies website a couple of days ago. Apparently it is part of a specific yoga position and you are stimulating the nerve endings under your fingernails which are supposed to stimulate the scalp and promote hair growth.

ETA: "For growing hair, as well as as a cure for gray hair. you can do Prasanna Mudra. It is very simple but regular practice is important. Every morning, before breakfast, sit on an easy posture, like Padmasana or Sukhasana, with spine erect, and keep your hands close to your chest, with palms facing inward and rub the finger nails of both hands (all fingers except the thumbs) against each other. Keep the thumbs erect. Do this while applying moderate pressure on the rub, for 5-10 min daily. Within a couple of weeks you will start seeing encouraging hair growth as well as facial hair. Hair which is white already will not change color but this technique will prevent further whitening of hair and new strong hair will grow. If on any particular day, you weren't able to do it in the morning, do it on any other time but on an empty stomach. For near-complete baldness you will have to continue doing it regularly for over 6 months. Tip - You can try doing it while watching TV. Also you can slowly extend the duration to upto 30 min continuously, for quicker results."

http://www.indusladies.com/hair-care-and-hair-styles/157-how-tackle-grey-hair-problem-2.html

Last edited:
if you know anything about acupuncture/pressure(yoga, tai chi, chi kung) then you know this is not that rediculous. the thing to find out is, if there are any meridians in the fingers that are link to the scalp/hair etc. i actually do this, naturally, bad(maybe good) habit i picked up as a kid. my hair grows pretty fast naturally, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but i would be willing to investigate this and see what i can find out.

I heard about rubbing nails together when I was in high school but this was to promote nail growth. The lady that did this didn't have very long hair (about 5 inches)--but that could be due to bad haircare. She did however have the most beautiful long nails around. I do it occasionally when I think of it, in case it does grow nails. Who knew I was stimulating hairgrowth. Maybe that's why I have never been tempted to use growth aids coz I was stimulating hair growth without even realizing it. :lachen:

Okay I tried it last night just to see what it would feel like.

#1 I would never do this to grow some hair. Not that serious! Like ST said, scalp massages are more productive - if you need to do anything at all. I really do believe that most of us have no trouble with hair growth (more like retention problems)

#2 Doing it for less than 30 seconds gave me the chills. I felt the chills all over – including my neck and head. Maybe it stimulates the blood vessels?? :look: Maybe that us why people think it helps.

Still I would never do something like, and for 5 min!!?? I could not even do it for 1 min.

I give this one 2 thumbs down! It may actually work - who knows. But it did not feel very pleasant and there are other options and methods.

:yawn:

HoneyDew, you didn't like the chills? I don't remember feeling chills when I did it but that in itself would tell me it was doing something. (I'm a huge fan of Eastern Medicine eg Reflexology/Acupressure/Zone Therapy.) When you talk of chills, I think tingling(?). I remember I used to go to a women's gym and they had this bed called The Vibrator (Yes, that was really the name.) After working out on these machines that basically flex your muscles for you while you just chill, you'd lie on The Vibrator to relax at the end of your workout. And it did just that: vibrated while you lay on it. When you got up, you felt your blood flowing all over. Talk of rejuvenation galore! I would give anything to get that feeling again.

I think I will try this at the bus stop today or on my bus ride home. Don't care if it doesn't work. I'll do it just for the tingling.

HoneyDew, you didn't like the chills? I don't remember feeling chills when I did it but that in itself would tell me it was doing something. (I'm a huge fan of Eastern Medicine eg Reflexology/Acupressure/Zone Therapy.) When you talk of chills, I think tingling(?). I remember I used to go to a women's gym and they had this bed called The Vibrator (Yes, that was really the name.) After working out on these machines that basically flex your muscles for you while you just chill, you'd lie on The Vibrator to relax at the end of your workout. And it did just that: vibrated while you lay on it. When you got up, you felt your blood flowing all over. Talk of rejuvenation galore! I would give anything to get that feeling again.

I think I will try this at the bus stop today or on my bus ride home. Don't care if it doesn't work. I'll do it just for the tingling.

I did not like it. I think I did not like it combined with the odd friction that was going on with my nails at the same time. It does not feel right to me. I could see how some may not have a problem with it, but it did not feel like something I could do just to get faster hair growth or longer nails.

Now if I had done it longer there may have been a different feeling.

Forget rubbing nails, I am trying to get a workout on the Vibrator. :rolleyes:

I did not like it. I think I did not like it combined with the odd friction that was going on with my nails at the same time. It does not feel right to me. I could see how some may not have a problem with it, but it did not feel like something I could do just to get faster hair growth or longer nails.

Now if I had done it longer there may have been a different feeling.

Forget rubbing nails, I am trying to get a workout on the Vibrator. :rolleyes:

:lol: You're so silly! I always used to get teased whenever I'd say what a good feeling I got after being on the Vibrator. :rolleyes:

OK, I think I follow what you're saying now. So you got the "chills" like one gets when nails are scraped across a blackboard? *shudder* I'd not go for that either. :nono: (For me though, the blackboard doesn't bother me, not cotton/linen....yuck!)

This is sooo doable especially as I listen to boring conference calls today....I won't know if it works unless I do it consistently for a long period of time. I'm game.
After my first session I felt a (pleasant)heightened awareness all along my arms from fingertip to shoulders.
Interesting info OP...Thx

:yep: I've heard this before - did it for a while, but never consistently. *sigh* Always my issue - lack of sticktoitiveness. :lol: I did like how it made my nails feel and the tingle, though. Seems like something good to do when you are otherwise occupied - I'm thinking being on the toilet is perfect nail-rubbing time. ;)

^^ :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have a natural habbit of rubbing my thumb on my other nails (And i heard a time or two that this stimulates nails to grow faster, mine grow pretty fast *shrugs*)....but IDK about rubbing two nails together...Kind of weird...But def. couldnt hurt anything.

I tried this for a few minutes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong because I was starting to get sleepy.:spinning:

Back