Royce Reed from Basketball Wives

locabouthair

I like her hair. A lot of people like Jen's hair and I think her hair looks good too but I like Royce's more because I would like my hair to have that same length or cut. I believe her hair is APLish. She said before it was BSL but it looks APL to me.

Sometimes she wears it curly and other times straight. For some reason when it's curly it looks kinda thin but when its straight it looks fuller which is weird.

I hear some people say that her hair looks dry but it looks good to me. What do you think?

Here's a video of her hair for those who don't know who she is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ONCUjD6X8

Attachments

• royce-reed-wendy-williams.jpg
    royce-reed-wendy-williams.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 725
I like her hair when its straight. It looks full and healthy. I think it looks too thinned out from top to bottom when its curly.

i still think she's a member here... or a lurker

i'm sorry, but that episode when she said "if after this cut my hair doesnt touch my bra strap no more i'mma be mad!".... nah son, that's some hair forum talk there lol

i think her hair is average... i mean, when you compare you hair to all the super expensive wigs and weaves the others wear of course its not going to look as "banging". but if you bring her around the hood or around normal people i guess, then yeah, her hairs aight lol

Yea, I think for "everyday people", Royce has nice hair.

You can tell she lightened her hair for the reunion, which makes me a lil nervous for her since she looks to be texlaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

When she first straightened her hair, it did look BSL, but I think the continuous heat use has caused breakage and thinning. I could tell a difference between her hair during the first season and the second season.

i'm sorry, but that episode when she said "if after this cut my hair doesnt touch my bra strap no more i'mma be mad!".... nah son, that's some hair forum talk there lol

i think her hair is average... i mean, when you compare you hair to all the super expensive wigs and weaves the others wear of course its not going to look as "banging". but if you bring her around the hood or around normal people i guess, then yeah, her hairs aight lol

Honestly I prefer her look instead of the weaves and the wigs. I dont care for fake hair. I remember when she said the thing about being BSL. Yeah she might be a member/lurker.

Yea, I think for "everyday people", Royce has nice hair.

You can tell she lightened her hair for the reunion, which makes me a lil nervous for her since she looks to be texlaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yeah I noticed she changed the color at the reunion. I like the new color.

Im starting to feel like I have low standards in terms of hair care. Most of the time when I likes someone's hair everyone else is like it's aight lol.

When she first straightened her hair, it did look BSL, but I think the continuous heat use has caused breakage and thinning. I could tell a difference between her hair during the first season and the second season.

yes, i agree with this... way too much heat for the camera. if she keeps it up she'll either end up weaved up like the rest or bald... maybe both

I don't like her hair but I like seeing a girl w/ natural hair on tv.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

omg! i said THE SAME THING! That was season 1 wasn't it? I was like "what she know about that?" pre-LHCF I did not have "milestones" for hair length. It was LONG hair (below sl) or short hair (above sl) or "kinda lengthy hair" which is shoulder length lol

I dont know about her being a part of LHCF. There are a couple of othere sites; BHM, KISS etc out, there as well as YT.

I dont like her hair it looks thin and wispy. The heat she uses is too high that is apparant.

Honestly I prefer her look instead of the weaves and the wigs. I dont care for fake hair. I remember when she said the thing about being BSL. Yeah she might be a member/lurker.

Im starting to feel like I have low standards in terms of hair care. Most of the time when I likes someone's hair everyone else is like it's aight lol.

No @locabouthair, you don't have low standards. You like what you like and no one should deter you from that. I personally like her hair too. I know LHCF can easily make one into a hair snob, but I deal with RL far more than LHCF. So if my hair is looking alot better in real life, I could careless how it looks here:look:.

I like Royce's hair. It is close to my dream length too, seeing that my goal is about APL or between APL and BSL, not to mention, my hair is not the most thickest. I am realistic. And her hair is realistic cute in RL. So I am with you:yep:.

Last edited:

You don't have low standards when it comes to hair care. You just have different standards when it comes to hair care, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have different standards when it comes to hair care too. For instance, I love Taraji P. Henson's hair. It might not be much according to the LHCF's standards, but I absolutely love her hair.

I liked her hair on the reunion show.... I don't like it in its curly state because it kinda reminds me of jeri curl.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I like her hair, and I really like that she's "obviously" natural (meaning no fake hair, I'm sure she has a chemical thrown up in there). She has fine hair, and I think she works what she has really well. I have fine hair and my hair looked similar to that (in movement and thickness) when I had a relaxer and flat ironed it. I think it looks really good for fine, relaxed hair!

Lol. And I think I remember reading somewhere that she uses Kinky Curly. Most everyday people I know have never heard of KC.

No @locabouthair, you don't have low standards. You like what you like and no one should deter you from that. I personally like her hair too. I know LHCF can easily make one into a hair snob, but I deal with RL far more than LHCF. So if my hair is looking alot better in real life, I could careless how it looks here:look:.

I like Royce's hair. It is close to my dream length too, seeing that my goal is about APL or between APL and BSL, not to mention, my hair is not the most thickest. I am realistic. And her hair is realistic cute in RL. So I am with you:yep:.

You don't have low standards when it comes to hair care. You just have different standards when it comes to hair care, and there's nothing wrong with that. I have different standards when it comes to hair care too. For instance, I love Taraji P. Henson's hair. It might not be much according to the LHCF's standards, but I absolutely love her hair.

Thanks ya'll. I was starting to think I was weird lol. I'm not really hung up on length. If you have a nice thickness and some shine I like it lol.

I like Taraji's hair too. I really liked it when she was in Baby Boy. You could tell she was wearing her own hair. At least I thought it was her own.

I like her hair too. Haven't seen much of the 2nd season but I liked it on the first season. She has nice hair in my opinion. I assumed she was a heat trained natural. Yeah, her hair is thin but it is what it is. Everybody can't have thick hair.

Personally I'm still jocking Jen's hair. I just can't figure it out grrr. Its like in one scene she has a phoney pony, then the next she has a full lace wig behind her hair line, then it looks like a weave. Idk but it just all looks sooo good!

I liked her hair on the first season it seemed a lot thicker. This last season it was really thin, scraggly and unhealthy looking. I thought maybe she had some hair loss due to stress.

I think her hair is decent and it is nice to see someone on tv actually wearing their real hair. I think her hair is natural but I think it's heat damaged & that's the reason why when she wears it curly it looks thin and the curls are so loose. I think she could get her hair healthier if she laid off the flat-ironing and tried roller setting and wearing her curly hair more often.

So what do you guys think about her hair on this third season? For me, my previous comment in this thread no longer stands. When she does the interviews and you can see her up close, her hair looks dry and frayed. Her hair is clearly not as healthy as it once was. I'm thinking it's from the dye on top of whatever else she was already doing.

......So true.

Back