Roux Porosity Control-Review:

TigerLily

Okay, so I finally get to Sally's only to find out that they were out of the Revlon porosity control. So, I try the Roux Porosity control. This one is a keeper ladies!

When I first applied it, it didn't feel very moisturizing. I combed through and let it sit for a few minutes, then rinsed. Wow, what a changed that few min. made! My hair felt moisturized, crisp and ALIVE! It only took about 1 and 15min. to dry. A big change from 2-4hrs wait I had before!

The icing on the cake was how much hair I didn't lose! I recently stopped picking my hair everyday. I only fingercomb daily. When I combed my hair with the porosity control in, I lost enough hair to fit on my finger compared to before when I would lose half a palm full. I was able to comb my hair when it was almost dry and I lost NO HAIRS!!!!!

I'm happy! :bouncy:

Awesome!! I'm gonna have to get this porosity control next time I go to Sally's!! Thanks for the review.. so glad it worked out for you!!:)

I'm glad you found something that works for you. You do know that the Roux/Revlon Porosity Control is the exact same thing right?

TigerLily said:
Okay, so I finally get to Sally's only to find out that they were out of the Revlon porosity control. So, I try the Roux Porosity control. This one is a keeper ladies!

When I first applied it, it didn't feel very moisturizing. I combed through and let it sit for a few minutes, then rinsed. Wow, what a changed that few min. made! My hair felt moisturized, crisp and ALIVE! It only took about 1 and 15min. to dry. A big change from 2-4hrs wait I had before!

The icing on the cake was how much hair I didn't lose! I recently stopped picking my hair everyday. I only fingercomb daily. When I combed my hair with the porosity control in, I lost enough hair to fit on my finger compared to before when I would lose half a palm full. I was able to comb my hair when it was almost dry and I lost NO HAIRS!!!!!

I'm happy! :bouncy:

I am happy about it as well! I tried this last weekend. It is something I plan to use once a month.

Thanks for the review, TigerLily! I'm touching up my hair today and I'm looking forward to using this conditioner. Yeah, Roux and Revlon Porosity Control is the same thing, as someone mentioned upthread. I don't know whether I should use this every time I wash my hair, or once a month. I'll just see how my hair progresses.

candibaby said:
I'm glad you found something that works for you. You do know that the Roux/Revlon Porosity Control is the exact same thing right?
Well, if I did know that they were the same, I wouldn't have said that Sally's was out of the Revlon one!

I know now, Thanks.

Last edited:
I know this sounds dumb, but what is Porosity control supposed to be used for? can it help with bringing back the natural curl pattern in your hair when your hair is wet?

I know this sounds dumb, but what is Porosity control supposed to be used for? can it help with bringing back the natural curl pattern in your hair when your hair is wet?

It is supposed to help the cuticles lie flat so that you can retain the nutrients from DCs and keep the moisture in your hair.

I ordered some Roux Porosity Control Condish frm Ebay (didnt know it was sold right there at Sally's, but Ebay had a palm-sized bottle I figured I'd try in case I didn't like it). Used it last week during my wash, applied after my diluted shampoo rinse. Left on 5 mins, didn't feel moisturizing or give much slip at first, but like OP said, after a lil while, and when rinsed, it makes the hair very smooth. Followed with my regular conditioners, and my press came out better than I think it mightve had I not used the Roux. Gonna get a larger bottle, and definitely use it once per month. Not only does it smooth the cuticle and reduce porosity (i.e. porous hair is hair that sucks up moisture and never seems to be moisturized enough), it reduces high pH, which can happen after color, chemicals, or certain products; when pH is too high, breakage results, which is why it's key to use a stabilizer after chemical services.

I'm wondering...

Do you use this instead of protein?(i.e. aphogee) Or once a month when you DC sometime???

I know that this was not directed toward me but maybe I can help. IIRC, porosity control is used to smooth the cuticle and make it lie flatter, it is not a replacement for a protein conditioner or reconstructor. I believe most use it as final rinse after a DC to help lock in the moisture. I still use my Aphogee 2-minute and then follow up with porosity control as needed. HTH

Back