Roundbrushhair.com..Presents New Semi-Permanent Color... ...

sqzbly1908

Hey Friends,

It's called "Original Color's Cellophanes....below is copied from the site...

Product:Original Color's creates an intense semi-permanent translucent hair color. Non-peroxide. Non-ammonia. Long lasting and rich tones. Conditions and textures hair and enhances its growth in more than a 100% making it strong from roots to the ends.

Application: Original Color's is easy to apply because it is a 100% vegetable color. Shampoo and then towel dry, leaving hair damp. Apply Original Color's 1/4 inch from scalp, working thoroughly through hair. Cover hair with a plastic bag and place head under dryer for 40 minutes and rinse with warm water. The processing time and the hair's porosity will determine the durability of the color.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Propylenglicol, Dehiquart A, Citric Acid, Cloruro de Sodio, Rojo #2 y Azul #1.
(limited ingredients- IMO...no conditioning agents..not even a cone or two)

Attachments

• originalcolorscellophanexxoz.gif
    originalcolorscellophanexxoz.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 36
Calling myself trying to translate/define the ingredients....

Cloruro de Sodio - Sodium Chloride
Dehyquart A - assists in sealing and possibly preventing split ends
Propylenglicol - I think this assists in "strengthening the hair"

Maybe the resident chemists will chime in.....

Last edited:
JenniferMD showed her hair on the website and she used the negra/black version...I wish she used a color like rojo, uva, mahogany, etc so we could how the color takes/looks in tha' light....

I can't find any information about this brand on the internet...

Last edited:
I would love to try something like a black cherry colour, but this seems hard to find for some reason. I haven't quite got the courage anyways. :o

So what happened to ColorShowers???

I just got this new one in Black. I will probably try it this weekend and come back with updates.

so sorry ladies for the long wait. i've bc'd since i used the new cellophane, but here wre the pics which are also in my profile. here's my review:

I used the cobre (red copper) and the color is thick and creamy. the color looks yummy! hard to make a mess with. just use gloves, base your scalp and face, and ur good to go. The application process was relatively easy, well more difficult for me at the time cause i had a lot of hair and getting it saturated was a bit of a challenge, but not so bad. i covered w/a baggy and sat under my pibbs (not the steamer) for about 1 hour. i washed the color out completely. after pooing I noticed that my hair was tangled beyond control!!! and seemed very , uhh what's the word, porous/ rough?? i think that's what i meant. however i proceeded to dc and loaded with condish and began the detangling process. i don't know if it was just me, but the detangling process was bad- keep in mind i was transitioning for almost 8 mos, but nevertheless it has never been like this. I lost a lot of hair! after i dc'd, i let it airdry and flat ironed. my hair was not as silky smooth as it usually is after a good dc, but it was just okay. the color mainly took on my new growth areas and subtly on other areas which was cool b/c it had that peek- a- boo effect. i could really tell in the sun esp if i pulled my hair back into a pony. i don't know if it was something on my application process, but my color did not look the way the old colorshowers looks in RHB pic gallery, where in the light you could really see even coverage. Like i said it could be just me. since i have bc'd i will use it again and see how goes the 2nd time around. Let me post pics. oh dear for some reasin the site is not letting me attach pics. you can look in my profile, but i will post this review and try to post pics again.

here goes the pics! hope u can see it:grin:
yall, forgive the mess in my background, we just moved!

Attachments

• all about hair09 026.jpg
    all about hair09 026.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 55
  • all about hair09 028.jpg
    all about hair09 028.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 49
  • all about hair09 029.jpg
    all about hair09 029.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 48
  • all about hair09 030.jpg
    all about hair09 030.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
thanks for replying (cancels order with roundbrush :look:). Man, once I hear tangling and hair loss, that's enough for me. From what I have read in old threads, the old colorshowers was really good, the new one is iffy at best. Hmmmmmm, maybe I should get a clear rinse from matrix or something and call it a day. Just forget color? Sigggghhhhhhhhhh

here goes the pics! hope u can see it:grin:
yall, forgive the mess in my background, we just moved!

Thanks for the review HYSI!!! The color is pretty! Just out of curiosity, which dc did you use? I find that many "rinses" leave my hair a little "rough and tangled" right after rinsing and before dc'ing...

I was surfing on another site, and I found this link. Is this the old color showers that roundbrushhair.com use to sell?

http://www.ibeautyny.com/goods_detail.asp?Index=4137

It's the "newer" version of the "old" version of Colorshowers...it was because of the newer version that RBH replaced it.

I have both the old and new version of Colorshowers - the color still "took" the same but the older version had more conditioners...

I haven't tried the new color that RBH is carrying now...

It's the "newer" version of the "old" version of Colorshowers...it was because of the newer version that RBH replaced it.

I have both the old and new version of Colorshowers - the color still "took" the same but the older version had more conditioners...

I haven't tried the new color that RBH is carrying now...

Thanks for your response.

Would you use the "new" version off the Colorshowers again? Did it protect your hair like color rinses are suppose to?

Thanks for your response.

Would you use the "new" version off the Colorshowers again? Did it protect your hair like color rinses are suppose to?

Yes I would use it again...it did protect, however many of the ladies on the board indicated that that the newer version had some kind "green goo" in it ...luckily my bottle did not have that but I won't purchase it again, but I will use what I have

Thanks for the review HYSI!!! The color is pretty! Just out of curiosity, which dc did you use? I find that many "rinses" leave my hair a little "rough and tangled" right after rinsing and before dc'ing...

can't quite be sure as i have a mad stash, but i ended up adding porosity control to it and it softened up a bit. but i'm almost sure it was joico. couldn't find my kenra moisture since everything is everywhere b/c of the move!!! somebody help me unpack!. :wallbash:

can't quite be sure as i have a mad stash, but i ended up adding porosity control to it and it softened up a bit. but i'm almost sure it was joico. couldn't find my kenra moisture since everything is everywhere b/c of the move!!! somebody help me unpack!. :wallbash:

@bolded...I feel your pain!!!

I deep condition with Kenra MC after using the rinse and I get pretty good slip and also that excess "scalp color" comes off

Back