Round 10 Me vs. My Hair (I WIN!!!)

PoisedNPolished

Well I get the last laugh, my hair has been making me so mad lately and we finally went to war. I tried to color it black to make it "appear" more healthy. That didn't work. I tried to cut it to a nice above the ear crop and that didn't work either. So last night I grabbed the scissors and went to town. Still my hair had me against the ropes. It was over processed/dry/and plain damaged. Well in the 10th round I grabbed the CLIPPERS AND SHAVED IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OFF :eek: Can you believe that! I figured I would let you all get a good laugh in at my expense :lachen: So enjoy the pix and my BALDNESS! By the way, I bought a nice wig for when I journey out the house :p

http://public.fotki.com/MeWantLongHair/i_must_be_crazy/

It looks very nice on you, plus I believe you will enjoy your hair as it goes through the various stages of growth. Congratulations!

WOW you still look beautiful. Question? I looked at your album and why did you relax the whole length of your hair? If that what you always do than that is the problem with your stunted growth in a nutshell. Your natural hair is beautiful also. If you already knew that nevermind but I commend you because Ive been crying over 2 inches I cut last week, but the sooner you get rid of all that dead hair the quicker youll have a full head of healthy hair.hhg:) I sorry I did not clarify only relax your newgrowth and continue stretching,moisture,deep condish hth

Last edited:
destiny616 said:
:shocked: :shocked: wow you are very brave

good thing you are a pretty woman with a nice shaped head

DITTO! Are you planning on relaxing again? I notcied in another one of your pics that you relaxed your whole head? Are you aware that that can cause massive breakage and inability to retain lentgh? That may have been your culprit.

Thanks yall!!! Well yeah I learned here that relaxing the whole length was the problem but my hair was so short that it was hard to concentrate on just the new growth without messing up. I plan on keeping it natural for a while and maybe wearing a press when it gets a nice length.

MeWantLongHair said:
Thanks yall!!! Well yeah I learned here that relaxing the whole length was the problem but my hair was so short that it was hard to concentrate on just the new growth without messing up. I plan on keeping it natural for a while and maybe wearing a press when it gets a nice length.

OT, I see your from Dayton and I am too. How old are you and what high school did you go to??

Wow! You look nice bald. I envy the fact that you get to start from square one and that means some healthy, lush hair from the get go. There have been times when I wanted to shave my head just so I could start over and do it right. But I have a big 'ol head. I'd hate to scare pets and small children. Good luck!!

ubavka123 said:
I just noticed your goals and they have me cracking up. But seriously, you wear it well. It looks beautiful. HHG!

*TEARS!!!!* Me too, LMAO!!!

Girl, WOW, what a way to start from scratch! I have too many lumps and bumps in my head, you are pulling it off beautifully!

To better hair days ahead!!!

Only you could have pulled that off! You sure are cute!

MeWantLongHair said:
Well I get the last laugh, my hair has been making me so mad lately and we finally went to war. I tried to color it black to make it "appear" more healthy. That didn't work. I tried to cut it to a nice above the ear crop and that didn't work either. So last night I grabbed the scissors and went to town. Still my hair had me against the ropes. It was over processed/dry/and plain damaged. Well in the 10th round I grabbed the CLIPPERS AND SHAVED IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OFF :eek: Can you believe that! I figured I would let you all get a good laugh in at my expense :lachen: So enjoy the pix and my BALDNESS! By the way, I bought a nice wig for when I journey out the house :p

http://public.fotki.com/MeWantLongHair/i_must_be_crazy/

You look feminine and pretty with your head bald- and that says a lot.

Just think of all of the hassles you skipped over with not transitioning. ;)

work it girl...
U look good...You really don't need to wear a wig...You look great...

I wish I could do that but my head is all over the place...ROFL...

yankgal007 said:
work it girl...
U look good...You really don't need to wear a wig...You look great...

I wish I could do that but my head is all over the place...ROFL...

I agree!!!

Gurl, No you didn't!! Hats off to you!! You are one brave soul. But you know what, you look beautiful & now you have a fresh start. Are you going to consider staying natural? That would be nice to see. I am going to add your profile to my favorites so I can check up on you every so often! Wow, now you can really see how fast your hair grows - Awesome.

What style wigs did you get?

Back