Rotating Products ?

ChynaDoll.K

I always thought the key to helping your hair was to be consistent with the products you use and the regimen that you have.
Now I've been hearing and reading that you should rotate your products so your hair doesnt get use to them and stop working.

Do any of you ladies do this and do you see a difference when you do?

IMO: Product Rotation is a Good Idea. To KIM.

And If Practiced, I also think it is a way to Drastically Cut Down on PJ-ism.:look:

We discussed this Recently in the Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge for Ladies who no longer think their products are working for them as well as they use to and wanted to buy something more/different.

Rotation and Clarifying was what was suggested to re-discover your Stash.:yep:

I rotate my brands but not the types of products. I still keep the same regimen but if I run out of something I'll use another replacement.

ITA. I rotate brands all the time (T, don't say nuthin!!!!), but my regimen is remarkably consistent. It's just a matter of what I feel like using, or what my hair needs, from one wash to the next. When I feel like nothing's working, that's when I clarify :yep:.

ITA. I rotate brands all the time (T, don't say nuthin!!!!), but my regimen is remarkably consistent. It's just a matter of what I feel like using, or what my hair needs, from one wash to the next. When I feel like nothing's working, that's when I clarify :yep:.

Excellent Point Ronnieaj! I totally agree with everything you said.:yep:

I see no problem with rotating products that you know work for you. The regimen can remain the same but the brands of the products certainly can change. Honestly the biggest pj's on here have beautiful hair. I won't call any one out though.

I rotate products, not because my hair gets use to a product and stops being effective (this has never happened to me), but because my hair reacts differently to products in different stages of my stretch. For example, I use kalawentz bio-cys tin and black and bossie natural hair oil from aprx. 0-8 weeks post, once I start getting more NG I switch over to Jane Carter Nourish and Shine.

Also because I like to try new products (Im a small PJ), I will try new products to switch out my staples with every now and again! However, for the most part my regimen stays the same!

I rotate products, not because my hair gets use to a product and stops being effective (this has never happened to me), but because my hair reacts differently to products in different stages of my stretch. For example, I use kalawentz bio-cys tin and black and bossie natural hair oil from aprx. 0-8 weeks post, once I start getting more NG I switch over to Jane Carter Nourish and Shine.

Cosigning,This is exactly how i rotate my products i use the same products on different days and stages of my hair.

i dont currently rotate my products but if i like yes to carrots mud mask as a dc then i think i will rotate it with la kair cholesterol.

right now my regimen is everything Joico but i really wanna go back to nexxus because my hair had got some great growth when i was using there products but i didnt know how to care for my hair back then.

right now my regimen is everything Joico but i really wanna go back to nexxus because my hair had got some great growth when i was using there products but i didnt know how to care for my hair back then.

ChynaD: If Nexxus was working for you and you made Great Strides in Growth & Health, By All Means, I think you should go back to Nexxus.:yep: They Have SO MANY Products you can Build From. i.e.keraphix, humectress, biotin, vitatress, theraphee, diamatress, etc....

There is absolutely NOTHING Wrong with Using One Product Line Exclusively.:yep: And if it was working for it, Return Immediately!:roadrunner:

I was using botanoil and humectress and whats funny was i never DC i just use to wash with the poo leave it on for 3 mins rinse and then use humectress for 3 mins and rinse then i would towel dry use salerm 21 b5 and blowdry and i would straighten with a curling iron and my hair was CBL then it all when bad when i bought a wool coat from H&M :nono: and would wear my hair out thats when i got breakage and i got a trim and changed up products i had no idea it was the coat.
I really should revist nexxus since now i know how to care for my hair better.

^^^^^^^
Yes, They Have a Good Variety Of Products. I too, have used Nexxus in the Past. And they even have some New Ones Out. I used Ensure for years and thought think it was also a very good Nexxus Product.:yep: And as Biotin Oil and I've even used the Vitamins.

In My Stash Currently, I have: Therapee, Emergencee, Ensure, Keraphix & Humetress. I will probably always keep "some" Nexxus on hand.

Last edited:
I use to believe in rotating, but now I realize that th products stop working for me when I need to clarify. Then PRESTO- magic again! :)

^^^^^^^
Yes, They Have a Good Variety Of Products. I too, have used Nexxus in the Past. And they even have some New Ones Out. I used Ensure for years and thought think it was also a very good Nexxus Product.:yep:

Are the new nexxus products anything like the old ones i would hate to go back and then there not the same.

After using my primary products consistently for ten years, my stylist told me it was okay to rotate other products into my regimen. So four years ago, I started bringing my secondary products to the salon. I was so excited because he recommended products that are mentioned on this discussion forum. My hair is still in good condition. However, I haven't thrown out my primary staples. I just started using them at home earlier this year.

Are the new nexxus products anything like the old ones i would hate to go back and then there not the same.

I haven't tried any of the new. The Last Nexxus I purchased was the Keraphix, Humectress and some Theraphee and I got it at TJ Maxx in the Old Packaging. I also picked up some Ensure from someplace else (full price).:look:

I would imagine they work fine. Nexxus has been in the business for years. And even though you can find it at other places, they still sell it in The Salons.:yep:

Try to find what was worked for you before and start with that.

i think i will go back to nexxus for a while and see if i get the same results then start to rotate with joico because i like the thickness that the products are giving my hair

Back