Rose hip seed oil anyone?

Odd One

Hello there!
I remember using this oil on my skin when i was younger to make a couple of scars disapear and it worked!! It is said to be an excellent source of vitamine A,E,C, fatty acids and helps in the production of collagen.

I only keep reading about it being used on the skin, rarely on the hair. But it worked so good on my skin..wouldnt it help with my dry brittle ends?:rolleyes:

It doesn't seem to be really popular here but i'm asking anyway... has anyone tried this on their hair, whether it's in a pure form or in a hair product?

I've read that it's supposed to strengthen and revitalize damaged hair. I bought a bottle to use on my legs but I got curious and used some on my hair and mixed it with conditioner - it didn't do anything spectacular. I've only tried this once though. Other recommended uses are as a hot oil treatment and direct application to the scalp. Aubrey Organics also has a line of products based on rosehip seed oil that receive good reviews.

(Maybe I should give it another shot. I've come across testimonials from people saying it's "repaired" their split ends.)

Last edited:
thaanks for the response..yeah ill try it as a hot oil treatment (put it in my mix) on my ends

there was a member here named Jade21 who wrote a few years back that it can actually help to keep the scalp clean so i'm infusing the seeds in some oil right now to use on my scalp

Hello there!
I remember using this oil on my skin when i was younger to make a couple of scars disapear and it worked!! It is said to be an excellent source of vitamine A,E,C, fatty acids and helps in the production of collagen.

I only keep reading about it being used on the skin, rarely on the hair. But it worked so good on my skin..wouldnt it help with my dry brittle ends?:rolleyes:

It doesn't seem to be really popular here but i'm asking anyway... has anyone tried this on their hair, whether it's in a pure form or in a hair product?

I am considering purchasing this for my skin. I have dehydrated skin and a few blemishes I would like to alevate this problem. Please elaborate on the bolded.

I have Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina hair repair masque. It's very thick and creamy a little goes a long way. The second ingredient is Rose Hip Seed oil. I expected it to be a moisturizing conditioner but it wasn't, in fact I had no slip or softness at all from using this product. It wasn't until I blow dried my hair did I realize that it made my hair look SO HEALHTY, and I don't mean shiny or thick, I mean hair that looked like it was reborn again. Ever since then I've been hooked. I got mines from an online store from the UK the shipping and handling was only like $4.00. I forgot to add it has a really STRONG flowery smell. I didn't even have to open the bottle to get a whiff of this stuff, but I got used it.

I've used it in the past. Like amla it is very rich in vitamin c so amla oil is an alternative. I don't consider it a must have oil. (There are very few must have oils, most are interchangeable).

I use this on my face, my skin is actually radiant now because of this oil. I also use rose hip as a mix of oils in my sealant. I'm very happy with it, although it probably wouldn't be as effective on its own as a hair sealant.

bumping this thread. loving it on my skin...what do others think of it in their hair?

I bought RHO by accident a couple months ago, thinking it was African Baoab oil. Instead of returning it, I decided to give it a try.

I use one drop straight each of RHO, Argan and Baobab for a face oil 'wash' (instead of soap & water) before bed. This mix has shrunk my pores and softened my skin as well as removing all my makeup (i wear foundation, shadow,mascara and liner). I feel it makes me look less tired in the mornings as well.

RHO on is blah on my 4b/c natural hair. It does add great shine. My daughter (she's 5 and mixed) is like a 2c/3a and it works wonders for her hair (with the combo above). I spread it in her hair nightly before I wrap it up for bed particularly on her ends. She's retained a lot of length and went from BSL to MBL in a couple of months--she's retained all her growth. No scraggly ends and I didn't trim it. She'll probably reach FWL this summer.

RHO is very expensive. I think it was $20 for this little 1 oz bottle. It's not worth it for my nappy head, but her soft waves and curlies love it, so I'll keep getting it for her hair and my face oil washes.

I bought the Aubrey's version - Rosa Mosqueta oil - for my face.

I got curious about this oil on my hair. I used it as a finisher - sealing. So soft!

Anyone else tried this on their hair since this thread began?

If so, how'd you use it, and what has it done for your hair?

Back