Root health works well on ends too!

katie

I used a dandruff shampoo yesterday and my hair felt dry today.I tried Profectiv Root Health on my ends and hair today and now it feels so nice and supple.I think I like it even better than on my roots.
trampoline.gif

Just wanted to share this

thanks Katie,
I was wondering if all the profective products work similarly. I just got the Healthy Ends product over the weekend.

pooh123

Pooh they all have very different consistencies and can be used for different things. The healthy ends one is much thicker than root health. Overall the Mega growth is the thickest IMHO.

<font color="orange"> I think some of the Profectiv products produce the same results. I just tried the Root Health(green) and it isn't much different from the Break Free Leave in (purple). Same consistency, same smell, same results. Different name, different color.
scratchchin.gif
</font>

Thanks LD and Smooches!
wave.gif

I know this has been asked before but can the profective products be used before a retouch? The container says to use it three days before and three days after a relaxer. I'm confused!!

pooh123

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks LD and Smooches!
wave.gif

I know this has been asked before but can the profective products be used before a retouch? The container says to use it three days before and three days after a relaxer. I'm confused!!

pooh123

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="orange"> Someone here mentioned that they had horrible scalp burns after using Profectiv in this way. I use the Break Free leave-in every day anyway, though, and I'm sure it helps to protect the previously relaxed hair. </font>

Thanks Smooches!

I have a sensitive scalp so I'll use my Keracare oil moisturizer on my previous relaxed hair and use a little jojoba oil on my scalp. I have the Break Free on my products to try list!
Rose.gif

pooh123

Root Health is the only Profectiv "cream" product I've used and I also use it on my ends. In fact, I use it MOSTLY on my ends, not my roots.

BTW I've found that it works really well for softening up your new growth if you apply it to your wet hair before roller-setting.

[ QUOTE ]
Which profectiv product would u all say is the thickest and most moisturizing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Healthy Ends is quite thick. I think that's why it's a pretty good heat protector (or buffer)...but I think it moisturizes just as well as the Root Health. BTW, I tried the root health on my ends last night while wet and they were very soft this morning.

Thanks for the tip!
think.gif

hi guys do you use healthy ends or root health on wet hair? i was wondering because i need a really good moisturizing treatment for my hair

Smooches, the Root health is the only one of the Profectiv (tub) products that is water based. The break free is more like a leave in conditioner/gel consistency and can leave the hair too hard if too much is used. Root health seems to make the hair very very soft. It's much lighter on the hair closer to the scalp. I never use this when I need a touch up as the water in the product make my new growth pouffy.

Katie, Healthy ends is the thickest, followed by the Megagrowth. I use the megagrowth on the hair and the healthy ends on the ends. I find the megagrowth more moisturising, the healthy ends is too heavy and would weigh the hair down just a tad too much. That's why is great for the ends. IMHO.

EGSand16 On wet hair I find the Break free the best product to use on damp hair. I smooth it on and put my hair in a bun and it works wonderfully. You have to get it right and not use too much. It's a hair dress/leave in or you can even use it with heat but don't wash it out at the end. The Mega Growth and Healthy Ends are too heavy to use on damp hair all over, but if you use a tad on the ends when damp I can see that being a real benefit. To put those two in your hands runs it together and smear all over is too taxing and just doesn't work very well.

The Long N healthy, i think I have to use it again. I'd say this product would work better on natural hair. My little cousin has coarse 4b natural hair and she crys when it's combed. I used this on her damp hair, put it in large twists and I swear not one hair came out on the comb, during the whole thing. It just glided through, and I managed this when she was dozing off. I haven't really tried it on my relaxed hair as I can't find a way to use it in my regimen yet. I have it and may give it a go next hair wash. It's glycerin based and nothing very fancy in terms of ingredients, it's probably better using just glycerin instead of this product.

Back