Root Health vs. Breakfree -- Quick Question

JenJen2721

What's the difference in consistency between the two? I love using Root Health all over my hair, but I'm considering picking up the Breakfree today from reading others' posts on it. For those who have used both, what's the difference?

In my opinion, the root health is much more stickier and watery...it doesnt do much for my hair either...breakfree is slightly creamier and it absorbs nicely...but thats just on my head

I've been wondering about the Profectiv hair cremes. If you look at the ingredient list on all the them, they are almost identical, maybe arranged in a different order, but pretty much identical. I don't understand how each can be specialized for different hair problems when they basically have the same ingredients. It looks like if you buy one, you've bought them all.

LOL! That's so true though.
lachen70.gif

But all the ones I've tried were different in creme consistencies, Mega Growth being the thickest. I think they may leave out like 1 or 2 ingredients or add 1 or 2 ingredients for each different type of creme.
laugh.gif

Root Health is a *little* bit more watery than Break-Free, with Break-Free being more rich. Also, the Root Health has tea tree oil and/or some other stuff added to it for root health, unlike Break-Free and it leaves out some of the ingredients of Break-Free I think, but they both have the same base ingredients.

[ QUOTE ]
DigitalRain said:
I've been wondering about the Profectiv hair cremes. If you look at the ingredient list on all the them, they are almost identical, maybe arranged in a different order, but pretty much identical. I don't understand how each can be specialized for different hair problems when they basically have the same ingredients. It looks like if you buy one, you've bought them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do look similar on the jar, however, I have the Root Health and the Healthy Ends and they're on totally opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to thickness. The RH is pretty watery and light. It drips off your finger. The HE is very thick and creamy. It sticks to your finger. Totally different consistencies.

I'm more concerned with learning what the consistency of Breakfree is, which I can't find out from their website. I'm looking for something slightly thicker, but still detangling like the Root Health.

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
LOL! That's so true though.
lachen70.gif

But all the ones I've tried were different in creme consistencies, Mega Growth being the thickest. I think they may leave out like 1 or 2 ingredients or add 1 or 2 ingredients for each different type of creme.
laugh.gif

Root Health is a *little* bit more watery than Break-Free, with Break-Free being more rich. Also, the Root Health has tea tree oil and/or some other stuff added to it for root health, unlike Break-Free and it leaves out some of the ingredients of Break-Free I think, but they both have the same base ingredients.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Karonica! I'll try the Breakfree. Are you currently using it?

[ QUOTE ]
...breakfree is slightly creamier and it absorbs nicely...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope to get the same results. We'll see. Cheerbear do you use it on wet or dry hair?

I'm curious. Does anyone use the whole list of products for their hair problems? For instance, on the website Poohbear provided, they suggest using Clean N Healthy, 60Sec Strengthener, Long & Healthy and Root Health--for dry hair. Does anyone follow this regimine?

I have the Roothealth,Breakfree and Healthty End and for some reason I like the Roothealth best it moisturizes my hair better.

I use the root health on my scalp and the breakfree in my hair, I also use healthy ends for my ends. I love these products, I have not found any that can top them yet.

Im transitioning and I just bought RootHealth two days ago to apply to my new growth and Im already in love with it!
smile.gif

RootHealth works excellently on my new growth.I use BreakFree on my relaxed hair.It is a lot thicker than RootHealth but somehow RootHealth seems to absorb better.

I use Long 'n Healthy when my Carol's Daughter and/or butters aren't available. I also use the Healthy Ends every once in awhile, ESPECIALLY after I wear my hair out.
smile.gif
Definitely an A+ store braind. Consistency is definitely key when it comes to this brand.

I recently purchased Profectiv Healthy Ends. I really like the way it performs on my hair. I am considering purchasing Root Health, after reading the raves.

northernbelle

I mix some root-health with the mega growth
smile.gif
works great for me...I use break free on my ends. I did just get a healthy ends sample today that I can't wait to try it
happy41.gif

Back