rolling your hair at night . . .

Glib Gurl

1. What kind of rollers do you use if you roll your hair at night?
2. Do you roll small pieces of hair or section it off and roll larger pieces?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of giving up my "slick" buns and moving towards rolling my hair and then finger combing the curls into a low, loose bun . . . I think this will cut down on hairline breakage issues. (Plus, once I get the new growth coming in, the slick look just doesn't look as good!)

I roll my hair at night in BIG sections. I only use 4 or 5 rollers. I like the large Satin covered foam rollers.

I just use this to bump my ends under. I don't roll the bangs really - just wrap them. Sometimes mid week the rollers don't give me the volume I want from being tied down, so I use my Carusos before bed and then put in the rollers, as usual.

1. What kind of rollers do you use if you roll your hair at night?
2. Do you roll small pieces of hair or section it off and roll larger pieces?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of giving up my "slick" buns and moving towards rolling my hair and then finger combing the curls into a low, loose bun . . . I think this will cut down on hairline breakage issues. (Plus, once I get the new growth coming in, the slick look just doesn't look as good!)

I was thinking about rolling my hair at night with medium sized sponge rollers (after the end papers of course) with the back pinned up and I will wear buns when my new growth begins to get out of control.

As an alternative to wrapping my hair I will use 2 purple rollers or 2 flexirods (high at the crown). This will add some volume & a slight curl at the ends.

When my hair was longer - I used these... they gave soft bouncy curls
tenderheaded_1943_53282

I'm wearing the bun now, but I roll my hair when I'm doing the curly do. I use the satin covered sponge rollers w/end papers too. Moisturize, seal, paper, roll. Sometimes I whole head baggy over it. This was a good routine for me. I think I might go back to that. Today as a matter of fact....hmmmm.

Back