Rollersetting vs. Blowdrying

kking7777

Hey Ladies,

For the past 3 mths now I have been rollersetting my hair and then flat ironing it out every week. In opposed to blowdrying and then flat ironing or curling. Well I must say I have noticed a major difference in the health of my hair as well as the ends. I received my last trim in august 04 and my ends still look pretty good. Has anyone else started this technique and noticed a change? By the way I wish I could cut out the flat iron as well but I don't see that happening any time soon, the sleek look I achieve with it can't be beat..

For me my hair is less frizzy when I stopped blowdrying my hair. A part of me is scared to let go of the blowdryer though. I'm such a pack rat.

i haven't used a blow dryer in a year and a half and i noticed a big difference in my hair also. i don't even let me stylist use a blow dryer. if i ever flat iron i only do the roots. i only let a flat iron touch my end 3 times a year and that is when i get a relaxer and my stylist does my hair extra fancy. this year i think i am going without the flat iron too. so if u want to do a challenge kking we can.

I would love to do the challenge however, in fear that I will look like James Brown without a flat iron after setting... I must back down. Sorry girls.

I prefer flat ironing to blow dryers post rollerset. I think my hair handles heat better than it does tugging so for me this is the method of choice for smoothness.

Shoot, I wish I knew how to use a blowdryer. I also rollerset then flat iron. If I don't, I look like Al Sharpton, or as Kking said... James Brown :lol:

anky said:
Shoot, I wish I knew how to use a blowdryer. I also rollerset then flat iron. If I don't, I look like Al Sharpton, or as Kking said... James Brown :lol:
You can say what you will about Al, but nobody betta not mess with my Jaaaames BROWN :rofl:

I am into rollersetting AND blowdrying (roots only).

I never did understand how you post RS flat ironers got a good result - can someone explain the technique? Do you get your roots straight? How? Flat ironing seems to only straighten the length of my hair, not the roots so much.

I'm still not very good at blowdrying post RS, and the distance from new york, not going to my normal Dom. salons and watching them do it, has all but erased my proficiency in that regard. :ohwell:

My hair is much more soft because I cut the blowdrying out. The thing is, my stylist recommended that i do this. She knew that I didn't know better. :spinning: Rollersetting takes longer but it has it's advantages.

The blowdryer was never my friend. It caused so much breakage and split ends. All of the damage stopped when I got rid of my blowdryer and started rollersetting.

I don't flat iron afterwards and I don't believe I look like James Brown! :lol:

my mother put me in rollers very young and since that time I have been quite always been rollersetting. I made a break at the end of my studies but once married I resumed rollersetting because the look and texture were being much more appreciated by my husband. With my long hair, the rollerset once or twice a week is clearly a constraint (big big head and 1 and half hours under the hood), but I think it is worth it

I prefer to flat-iron after rollersetting too. Whenever I stray and use the blowdryer I regret it - the result is not the same.

Back