Rollersetting Procedure Only Took 10 Minutes!

Isis

It used to take me 45 minutes, then 30 minutes to roll up my hair. My rollerset only took 10 minutes to do this time! I timed it starting from getting out of the shower, then adding my leave-in and oils combing it through and rolling up my hair! Yay!

I used Sylver2's scarf method again (my third time) to airdry. I tied my satin scarf on very tight after combing my leave-in through and with my hair hanging out in the back, still dripping wet, I used just four gray magnetic rollers, rolling up my hair partially so the rollers were swinging a little. I airdried for a few hours before going to bed and finished airdrying overnight.

The next day I removed my scarf and again I was so amazed how smooth and close my hair was to my scalp! My first impression was that I had not removed my scarf yet. :look: :lol: I am about 11 weeks post relaxer also so the newgrowth was flattened nicely. ;)

I removed my four rollers and was very pleased at my bouncy, shiny, smooth curls and ends. The length wasn't as sleek as it would have been if I did a regular rollerset but it's hanging and swinging nicely with a little shrinkage (my hair is not relaxed straight). I think the rollers hanging like that in the back stretches the length a little as it dries. I decided to wear my hair down.

I applied some serum, separated my hair and curls with my fingers and in less than three minutes, was good to go. :) I received several compliments which also made me feel good. I'm looking forward to doing this on freshly relaxed hair, just to experience the difference.

Sylver2 has the bomb methods!!! I used her scarf method tonight for my new growth and its laid like a fresh perm! I had to take a peek after an hour or so because I didn't want to get any dents in my hair. Much better than trying to wrap these naps around my head. I pin curled the back because its not long enough to swoop around like she does.

Glad you found something that works for you! :yay:

I need to try this method. It hard to believe your hair ever looks bad, it's so thick, full and beautiful.

Thank you Dlewis! :)

Thank you Texasqt and you're welcome Vaqtea. Shunta-- it's so easy! I tried this when Sylver2 first posted about it but I didn't do it right, thinking my hair had to be relaxed straight like hers in order for it to work. Now I know better and I'm glad I attempted it again. :yep:

I've always thought her method made a LOT of sense. :) Most of us need to fluff our hair after a night of sleeping under a satin scarf....especially if our hair is moist. My braids have grown out but I'm not ready to redo them. So I use a satin scarf on slightly damn hair to make the "new growth"(I'm natural) blend with the braids.

I hope more folks will give this a try so that there stretching will be more successful.

p1

Thank you ladies! :)

Your rollerset looks beautiful Gisselle in your avatar. :up:

DSylla-- it is very comfortable sleeping this way. :yep: Just make sure two clips are used on each roller, one on top and the other underneath. I haven't had a roller slip off yet.

Patient1--ITA that ladies will be more successful with stretching (as in the Scarf Method is the TRUTH for stretching thread.

Isis said:
It used to take me 45 minutes, then 30 minutes to roll up my hair. My rollerset only took 10 minutes to do this time! I timed it starting from getting out of the shower, then adding my leave-in and oils combing it through and rolling up my hair! Yay!

I used Sylver2's scarf method again (my third time) to airdry. I tied my satin scarf on very tight after combing my leave-in through and with my hair hanging out in the back, still dripping wet, I used just four gray magnetic rollers, rolling up my hair partially so the rollers were swinging a little. I airdried for a few hours before going to bed and finished airdrying overnight.

The next day I removed my scarf and again I was so amazed how smooth and close my hair was to my scalp! My first impression was that I had not removed my scarf yet. :look: :lol: I am about 11 weeks post relaxer also so the newgrowth was flattened nicely. ;)

I removed my four rollers and was very pleased at my bouncy, shiny, smooth curls and ends. The length wasn't as sleek as it would have been if I did a regular rollerset but it's hanging and swinging nicely with a little shrinkage (my hair is not relaxed straight). I think the rollers hanging like that in the back stretches the length a little as it dries. I decided to wear my hair down.

I applied some serum, separated my hair and curls with my fingers and in less than three minutes, was good to go. :) I received several compliments which also made me feel good. I'm looking forward to doing this on freshly relaxed hair, just to experience the difference.

Hey Lady:-)
ooooh!! I'm so glad it came out good. I wish u had pics.
I am coming up on 22 weeks post now and its still laying my new growth flat.
Especially when I dry it from being wet. After that..everynite I just rub ntm silk touch thru new growth, tie it up ..nex day..flat and smooth.
I also discovered some other great methods to stretching since I started this second 6 month stretch. I hope it works so people can stretch longer and longer. Ima put it in fokti soon.

I wish I had seen this thread a couple of hours ago, I just washed and rollerset my hair tonight...took me about 30 min for the rollerset...I am getting better. I will try this next time...thanks for posting!!

sylver2 said:
Hey Lady:-)
ooooh!! I'm so glad it came out good. I wish u had pics.
I am coming up on 22 weeks post now and its still laying my new growth flat.
Especially when I dry it from being wet. After that..everynite I just rub ntm silk touch thru new growth, tie it up ..nex day..flat and smooth.
I also discovered some other great methods to stretching since I started this second 6 month stretch. I hope it works so people can stretch longer and longer. Ima put it in fokti soon.

22 weeks! :eek: You're doing it again! What a great goal to relax only twice each year. *sigh*:)

You know I'll be racing to your fotki soon (along with everyone else! :lol: ) to check out your new methods, Sylver2. Your info is pretty valuable, hope you are writing a book!! :yep:

STLCoverGirl said:
I wish I had seen this thread a couple of hours ago, I just washed and rollerset my hair tonight...took me about 30 min for the rollerset...I am getting better. I will try this next time...thanks for posting!!
You're welcome! Check Sylver2's fotki for pics of this. I did it exactly the same way, except I airdried. :)

Last edited:
Back