Rollersetting Dry Hair

InJesusName

I really did try to do a search for this topic, but I only got a blank screen. I apologize if this has been addressed. Please give me links if you have them.

Here's my deal. I maxi glided my 10 weeks post hair and want to add some curl. Is it possible to take hair that is already dried and roll it and have it look decent the next day?

I was thinking of using a serum on each section of hair prior to rolling it instead of setting lotion. I am trying to get a style that will hold as well. Every time I do my own rollersets even a wet set with setting lotion and a dryer, the curls last about 10 minutes.

Has anyone tried this?

Its funny that you brought this up because this is what I planned on doing after my next wash. I remember there was a thread about it a while ago, so I was eager to try it. They say that its much easier, so Im willing to give it a shot. Some ladies suggested that you lightly spritz the hair with water or whatever you wanted and then proceed to roll each section. Ill let you know how it came out tomorrow.:grin:

I really did try to do a search for this topic, but I only got a blank screen. I apologize if this has been addressed. Please give me links if you have them.

Here's my deal. I maxi glided my 10 weeks post hair and want to add some curl. Is it possible to take hair that is already dried and roll it and have it look decent the next day?

I was thinking of using a serum on each section of hair prior to rolling it instead of setting lotion. I am trying to get a style that will hold as well. Every time I do my own rollersets even a wet set with setting lotion and a dryer, the curls last about 10 minutes.

Has anyone tried this?

I roll my dry hair every night, using magnetic rollers with the covers. I wouldn't dream of wetting my hair, for fear that it will be bushy or otherwise horrible in the morning, lol. I have much bounce in the morning. If it comes out too bouncy, I may wrap it until I am completely dressed and ready to walk out of the door.

i've done it after flat ironing. then i moisten NOT SOAK the hair with setting lotion and then sit under the dryer.

I just add NTM Leave in to the ends and let it set for a few hours or over night, the results are great.

I roller set dry hair to maintain my wet set. I've never managed to get any curl in my hair using rollers after it's been flat-ironed though.

i do this all the time. On the ends of each section, I mist with a mix of salerm 21 and water. the curls and bouncy and beautful in the morning.

A couple of days after I get my hair set and roots blown out and the Dominican shop, especially after a couple of work outs, my hair falls and looks too straight. I will put 4 large flexi rods in my hair and sleep in them overnight. Next morning curls and bounce. I put some KeraCare jojoba oil in my hair before setting them on the flexirods- dont put too much bc that stuff is thick and can be too greasy if overapplied.

Well ladies, I tried it and not too bad! I have to work on roller placement because I had curls flying every which way, but this is going to be an option for me. I have to watch it though...I could get re-addicted to the heat-in-hair look. I think I will be going back to bunning this weekend.

Everynight I put my hair into about 4 sections and set with a little Elasta QP Recovery and leave-in. My curls come out shirley temple-y in the morning.

Well ladies, I tried it and not too bad! I have to work on roller placement because I had curls flying every which way, but this is going to be an option for me. I have to watch it though...I could get re-addicted to the heat-in-hair look. I think I will be going back to bunning this weekend.

What exactly did you do?

I put a little NTM leave in on my hair (can't use much product with this thin hair of mine) and sealed with a little jojoba oil. I rubbed a little GF silk-n-shine through my hair and rolled it up. When I took it down this morning, it was kinda cute. Again, I have to work on roller placement.

I put a little NTM leave in on my hair (can't use much product with this thin hair of mine) and sealed with a little jojoba oil. I rubbed a little GF silk-n-shine through my hair and rolled it up. When I took it down this morning, it was kinda cute. Again, I have to work on roller placement.

What's NTM? :ohwell:

I have been rollersetting my hair at night for *years*. However, that's if I want a lot of body. If I just want some fullness and lift, I rollerset my hair, and then take a shower. I unroll my hair just before leaving the house. It comes out nicely

BTW: I haven't used anything on my hair in several years to "set" it.

Back