Rollersetting and Humidity ?

dany06

Ok I've finally have gotten roller setting down packed. Last week my hair lots of movement with a bit of shine. The only problem is that my hair is not humidity resistant. I went to the movies Friday night and it was a bit windy and misty on and off. After the movie was over I walked into the restroom and can you imagine what I saw. When I looked into the restroom mirror I looked just like Lion-O from the Thundercats. That is not a good look. What are you ladies using with you roller sets to stop humidity poof?

Well I have to make sure none of my products contain glycerin...that may be the culprit. The glycerin pulls moisture from the air and makes my hair swell up within minutes of being outside! Check your DC and leave in and make sure. I also use a serum called Heat glide from Redken, that helps a bit as well

Ok I've finally have gotten roller setting down packed. Last week my hair lots of movement with a bit of shine. The only problem is that my hair is not humidity resistant. I went to the movies Friday night and it was a bit windy and misty on and off. After the movie was over I walked into the restroom and can you imagine what I saw. When I looked into the restroom mirror I looked just like Lion-O from the Thundercats. That is not a good look. What are you ladies using with you roller sets to stop humidity poof?

:lachen::lachen: I see we think alike...I always tell my dh that when I am having a bad hair day (Thundercat fan!!)...

Anyway, I am in Houston and the humidity is a beast. I have very fine hair and even if put some type of humidity resistant anything on it - it will weigh it down (Keracare makes an oil sheen that is humidity resistant) - Sad to say that the weather almost dictates how I will wear my hair...if there is high humidity...no rollerwraps and if I do it, then I have to keep my hair wrapped until I get to my destination and take it down in the restroom...(crazy, right)

I have been using the Aphogee pro-vitamin leave in and Lottabody (alternating the two) with my rollersets and they help out some but it hard to fight Mother Nature...unless you are doing some sort of twist/braid out or tight curls that will fall nicely...

HTH

Back