Rollersettin with Oil

PrettyBrownEyes

Rollersetting with Oil

Who else uses oil while wet rollersetting? I know Lauren450 does and her hair is beautiful. If you use an oil and I don't mean after its dry but, before rolling please list which one and how it works for you.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I use coconut oil before I rollerset: it helps w/ adding shine & it keeps my hair more moist: basically sealing/locking the moisture in my hair: its really good.

4N6_Gyrl said:
I use coconut oil before I rollerset: it helps w/ adding shine & it keeps my hair more moist: basically sealing/locking the moisture in my hair: its really good.

Thank you! I looked in your album under your silk wrap instructions and it looks great! Very detailed instructions and pictures too which always helps. :) I have some coconut oil so I'll give it a try.

INeedHair - which oil are you using?

Chocolate Diva - where do you get the almond oil?

Actually I have an oil mix I just got in the mail I could use too that might work. *thinking to self*

PrettyBrownEyes said:

Actually I have an oil mix I just got in the mail I could use too that might work. *thinking to self*

I am currently using Organics Olive and Clove oil.

Re: Rollersetting with Oil

PrettyBrownEyes said:
Who else uses oil while wet rollersetting? I know Lauren450 does and her hair is beautiful. If you use an oil and I don't mean after its dry but, before rolling please list which one and how it works for you.

Thanks!

Aww, thank you! I usually use Aveda oil, which is really light, but I ran out and had to use Jojoba. Well, it didn't work as well, and I think it's because it's a little thicker than the Aveda.

For my hair, the lighter the oil, the better.

I use Olive Oil or a Glosser. It works wonders my hair is soft and moisturized with it comes of out the rollerset. Its alo good because your hair is pretty close to the heat which under normal circumstances some of your hairs natural oils and moisture will leave but this stores it. But setting it without oil makes it your time under the dryer shorter.

Re: Rollersetting with Oil

I add coconut oil to my rollersetting lotion/lacio/water mix. I love it! It gives such great shine!

I do. Right after I put in my leave-in condish, nowadays lacio lacio, after I apply that I apply this olive & clover oil from Africa's Best. I put some drops rub it in my hands and go over the length of my hair but more so concentrate on ends before I put the rollers in. I think it's great because when it's dry it's not oily but it's soft and you can feel that it's locked some moisture in, great shine too.

PrettyBrownEyes said:

I get it at a health food store or GNC.

Back