Rollersetters...What direction do you set?

MoMo

I am trying a rollerset on my mother this weekend and I would like to know what direction do you ladies put the rollers in to get those beautiful curls? I have seen rollersets that have a spiral curl look to them and that is the look I'm trying to achieve.

I'm thinking of using Infusium 23 leave-in, lacio lacio, coconut oil and water in a spray bottle for the set and sitting her under the dryer on medium heat for about 1.5 hours...sound good?

TIA ladies for your help!

ok that sounds goods. I'm a hair stlyist, and i would suggest that you try and rollerset the way your mom tends to wear her hair, whether it's a part at the side some rollers to the side and the rest going back(ur curls tend to fall the ws you rollerset) but that's just my opinion. If she doesn't wear her hair in any particular way then it will be easier to rollerset going on back. After you have allowed her hair ample time to dry, take out the rollers mositurize the scalp and the you can your fingers to seperate the curls to give a more fuller look. I use to wear my hair like this all the time before i chopped it all off (curently in the growing out phase)since it was much easier to handly. However, I use to use Lotta Body (not alot) just enough to hold my curls which would last me about 3-4days. Becareful w/ Lotta Body if you use too much it will make you hair stiff and unmanagable.. Good luck

I rollerset and I use the mohawk method down the middle and make two rows on each side rolling upward for the spiral look. I do this b/c in the past when I tried rolling it all downward, she/I ended up with a mushroom as our hair is not layered.

I go to the back.

47b7dd33b3127cce82ec3575728000000016108AbuWzVo5Yt1

Last edited:
Back