Rollersetters: How the heck do you get your roots straight?!?!

After I rollerset, doing the saran wrap method actually helps straighten my roots a bit. Some sections will still be a bit "fluffy" but its not that bad or noticeable.

Who the hell told you to join that challenge? I wish i MIGHT join a challenge/bootcamp around here. Soon as i join one, my NG will sprout 2 inches...None of yall are coming over to help me tame these roots.

I'm 11 weeks post and trying to stretch til 14 or 16 weeks and its hell. I also have nice curly rollersets and everyones says "oooh, your hair is pretty!....(then i turn around and they see my edges/NG).....Ewww, uh I mean oh, :nono:you STILL stretching your perm??..."

I just let it be sometimes. Nappy is pretty. I use a flat iron on the edges, viewable roots, and then try to wrap it but my hair is so thick right now that it wont even wrap...it literally will not stretch around my head...u got to see it to believe it.

Looks like i have a wig on cause the roots just wont lay down.

Scarf it up Tiffers!..Grease it down and tie it down w/ a scarf. Good luck!

:lachen::lachen: You are so funny! I always like hearing your responses/comments...you always have me rolling with laughter. I'm 11 weeks post now. Can't comb my roots for nothing. I just use the scarf method a lot now, to flatten the roots, and put my hair in an updo.

Back