Rollersetters: Do you blowdry or flat iron your roots?

taz007

I rollerset about once every two months. I am currently 1 month post relaxer and I have about 1" of new growth (that Phyto Cap 'Energy is workin'!).

I usually blow dry the roots but I am curious as to whether flat ironing the roots would produce better results.

Thanks!

I rollerset about once every two months. I am currently 1 month post relaxer and I have about 1" of new growth (that Phyto Cap 'Energy is workin'!).

I usually blow dry the roots but I am curious as to whether flat ironing the roots would produce better results.

Thanks!

What?! Nothing else has changed? More water? Eating better? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

I haven't had the money to invest in a good blow dryer yet or a good flatiron actually but I have an older flatiron that I use to flat iron some of my roots I've never done my whole head I'm too lazy I want to try a blow out though when I get around to buying one
By the way I'm jealous of your new growth
What is this thing you are taking?

What?! Nothing else has changed? More water? Eating better? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

You know what I attempted to eat 1 cup of alfalfa spouts (DLewis got 1-2 inches a month doing this) but it was a total failure! I think that I ate this for about 7 days :ohwell: but I believe that it was working. I love junk food too much! I will try again next week. And up my water ala Americka!

For me it honestly depends on how much new growth I have.

If I am 0 - 5 weeks post, I can get away with using a round brush and blowdryer. HOWEVER, once my newgrowth starts getting thick, it would be pointless to use the blowdryer... I then have no choice but to use my flatiron!

For me it honestly depends on how much new growth I have.

If I am 0 - 5 weeks post, I can get away with using a round brush and blowdryer. HOWEVER, once my newgrowth starts getting thick, it would be pointless to use the blowdryer... I then have no choice but to use my flatiron!

Same here :yep:

I'm an avid rollersetter, and I never flat iron or blow dry roots. But I also relax every six weeks, so they're not nearly as tough as they used to be when I used to stretch.

Back