Rollersets vs Pony cheat sets?

cairopiper

Hi ladies,

I've tried to do a traditional rollerset a couple of times and failed miserably so I'm gonna go back to doing the ponytail cheat set (with 4 or 5 ponytails) but I just wanted to ask those that have done either setting method - and especially those that have done both - is there really much of a difference in the finished style?

Say, if the roots are flat ironed after a traditional set or a ponytail set, then are there major differences between the methods? I guess I can't help but feel I may be missing out by not being able to master the 'traditional' rollerset but if there aren't many differences I'll stop stressing about not being a rollersetting guru as I really am not good at it LOL.

TIA
Cairo
x

Hi Cairo...Ive never tried a pony set but I am considering it as I have been texlaxing for a year now and my roots are becoming difficult to manage. Anyway as I was explaining to another member yesterday...if youre going to flatiron your roots anyway perfection or techinique doesnt really matter. I have been setting my hair myself for 20 years and its still never perfect but I began to realize that it didnt really make a difference in the end because I always straighten my roots anyway (which is usually the part that suffers the most from a bad set). You are only trying to get a "smoothing" effect. Hope this helped and good luck! :yep:

Hi ladies,

Thanks for your replies, that's awesome! I'm so pleased I'm not missing out and will no longer feel bad for not being able to do a traditional set.

I do wonder then why people would do real rollersets if ponytail sets give just as good results and far quicker.

Cairo
x

Agreeing with Poka and Allandra. In addition, it seems my hair dries faster in a ponytail set, even if I only do 4-6 tails, which is what I usually do.

Awesome post OP I was wondering if there was a difference also bec I plan to start rollersetting and I wanted to do the ponytails bec it seems easier.. btw Poka ur set was amazing!!

Also co-signing with Pokahontas and all others who think ponytail sets are better. I get straighter roots in less time, and my arms don't hurt from rolling the hair in my crown or the back of my head. IMHO it's much easier.

Back