Rollerseting hair today please help!

Brinasia

Help ladies I want to try to rollerset my hair today. Ive tried before but I have not had much success. I bought some red rollers and black rollers. I bought some small clips and some "duckbill " clips. I dont like very tight curls. I paln to put two large roller in the front and 3 large one in the back and the rest the red ones. I dont which directiontion to rool these things. I dont like my forehead out and ai want loose bouncy curls. also Im going to mis MTG NTM and surge to curl with.. Also which clips do I use?

What do you think? Please help!!!!

Are you using magnetic rollers? And how did rollersetting not work for you before?

The larger the roller, the looser the curl. Small rollers, tighter curls. One method I use is the ponytail method, which is making several ponytails using safe hair ties lke Scunci Hair Hosiery (which I now spray with olive oil). Don't use rubberbands or anything too tight since this will break the hair. It just makes rollersetting easier for me. I rollerset only to smooth out my hair so I can make other styles, rather than for curls.

You can check Lonei's album (she uses the ponytail method also) to see her rollerset and results. Macherieamour does beautiful rollersets rolling her hair "up" rather than "down". You can experiment and see what works best for you.

Last edited:
I love doing rollersets, but I'm gonna have to retire them. When I do my rollersets, I make an off center part on the left side of my forehead because this is where I like my part. I just start rolling the middle of my head straight back. It will look like a hair roller mohawk. I do my parts about 1/2-1 inch apart. Then I take about 3 hair rollers and start from the top of my edges/forehead and roll them horizontally going down to my ear. It usually takes about 3 or 4 hair rollers to do this. I do this on both sides. Top edges to ear. Then, the rest of the hair which is usually a small section between my nape and above my ears, I roll vertically so I can have bouncy curls. I love curls.

If you don't like curls, you can always wrap your hair. They usually use that technique at the salon. After you take out the rollers, rub some oil in your hands and spray on some oil sheen, and wrap it with a denman, then smooth it over with a boar bristle brush, then sit under the dryer for 10 more minutes. Then, they use a wide tooth comb and comb out the bouncy curls.

I don't like my forehead exposed either, but I've gotten use to that. You can always make a 'bang' or do this Aaliyah swoop thing.

I don't use clips. I use black and pink hair rollers and the clips that comb with the roller. I'm not good with using the duckbill clips. If you hold the hair taut and pull it tight while rolling it, then the roller should sit tight against your scalp and you shouldn't need the duckbill clips.

Again, rollersets take practice, but it's a pretty style.

ETA: I don't see anything wrong with using MTG, NTM, and Surge. When I used MTG, I oiled my scalp with it while it was wet. This did help mask the odor. And once, I used Surge on wet-hair as a detangler/leave in. I don't use NTM.

However, good luck and hth.

Thanks ladies. Imdoing the EVOO prepoo im going to shampoo ,colorshine,deep condion and rollerset. I let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for the detailed roller instructions. Do you roll that front roller in the mohawk forward like a bang or back with the rest?

Back