Rollerset w/mesh rollers *album update*

seeminglysweet

I have updated my fotki with pictures of my first *successful* rollerset.

May I just say mesh rollers are the truth :D I got mine from Sally's and pulled out the bristles that are in the middle and they are good to go and so easy to use with the roller pins.

Check out the updates in my fotki

looks great!!! What is your secret for getting the pins to stay? I always have a hard time and can never get them to stay just right.

I inserted the pins at an angle from the outside in. So the end of the pin would point out over the top of the roller. As my hair dried I had to loosen them up.

That was my first rollerset, I have done wetsets in the past with perm rods but I could never get the hang of the magnectic rollers.

Your set came out beautiful! Did you have a hard time rolling the back? I always have a hard time doing that.

Great Job!!!

I got frustrated with the Mesh Rollers and took them back to the BSS

Now if I could find those Hard mesh Rollers, Id be in heaven!

Those are the exact same mesh rollers I have and I love them. They do cut down of the drying time and hold better than magnetic rollers. I keep mine in with pins as well. I even pin them together that helps keep them in too.

You did an excellent job on your first rollerset. Way to go! :)

hairlove
How long did you have to sit under the dryer?
I sat under the dryer for about 45 minutes, slept for 2 hours and then used my hand blow dryer on low for about 30 minutes off & on. I hate being stationary so the dryer is a big problem for me.

sassyhair
what products did you use to set your hair?
I used joico detangling spray and motions foam wrapping mousse at the roots and then i sealed the ends with emu oil

Pokahontas
Your set came out beautiful! Did you have a hard time rolling the back? I always have a hard time doing that.
The back sides were harder than the back portion of the middle section. It gets tricky back there when you are trying to fit those last couple of rollers in between rollers that are already there without messing up the ones that you already have done.

Now I see why the Mesh rollers I bought didnt work, they were cheap ones..

By Diane, the mesh isnt even tight.. The Annie Ones are So Much Better(they look exactly like the ones you are using) .. Im gonna pick those up for my next attempt on the 15th :)

I made that descision last week :lol:

Im gonna get some good ones cuz the last ones I had, were wack!

I think Im gonna use the slide in clips though I dont like those pins :(

macherieamour said:
AMAZING! I cant believe thats your first set!!!! Mine did NOT look like that, haha. I think im switching to mesh:lol:

seeminglysweet said:
I have updated my fotki with pictures of my first *successful* rollerset.

May I just say mesh rollers are the truth :D I got mine from Sally's and pulled out the bristles that are in the middle and they are good to go and so easy to use with the roller pins.

Check out the updates in my fotki

What bristles are in the middle? I have the Diane brand, which do you guys have?

I had those Diane ones and I returned them..

The annie's are put together so much better, they are more sturdy..

JLove74 said:
What bristles are in the middle? I have the Diane brand, which do you guys have?

KhandiB said:
I had those Diane ones and I returned them..

The annie's are put together so much better, they are more sturdy..

Ok...but what is it about the middle bristles. I may pick some up this week.

None of the ones I have seen since I have been looking have bristles in the middle..

JLove74 said:
Ok...but what is it about the middle bristles. I may pick some up this week.

I got one pack of these about 2 weeks ago - the Hard Plastic Mesh Rollers
1305.jpg

They worked so gooooood... But the owner of the BSS said he didnt have anymore, and that if he saw them in the catalog he would order them for me, so I sent an email to [email protected] , the company that makes them and asked them where I can buy them

I want them BAD! :lol:

Im so pressed :lachen:

KhandiB said:
I got one pack of these about 2 weeks ago - the Hard Plastic Mesh Rollers
1305.jpg

They worked so gooooood... But the owner of the BSS said he didnt have anymore, and that if he saw them in the catalog he would order them for me, so I sent an email to [email protected] , the company that makes them and asked them where I can buy them

I want them BAD! :lol:

Im so pressed :lachen:

OK. Thanks...Just put these down on my list.

These are the rollers I bought
B0001LAEM2.01-ASZEJTW651PPQ._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1077213480_.jpg

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/2210/430100
If you look closely, especially at the black and green ones, there are white bristles coming out and a verticle wire through the middle of the roller....it just pushes out and they are ready to use without the worry of tangles.

sassy
hair did you use only the joico detangling spray to rewet your hair?
I didn't rewet my hair as it started to dry. I sprayed detanlger throughout and used mousse at the root and oil on the ends of each section.

Back