Rollerset/ Rollerwrap question

cookie1

I did a rollerset last night (needed my hair straight to do dust my ends) and the hair closest to my roots weren't silky or even near straight.:nono: Because of this I had to flatiron and my hair is so nice today.:grin: I have 4b relaxed hair and usually have to put heat to it (though I'm straying from that by using phony ponys and doing braidouts) if I want to wear it down and have it look straight. I need your advice on, what products I should use to rollerset my hair? I used the moisture spray leave-in by Shescentit and her hair serum to seal. I think these might've been too light. I used the green and pink magnetic rollers and I think I should've rolled smaller sections on the sides so that my hair closest to the roots wouldn't have been so wavy. Give me all the advice you have because I want to make this work when I'm tired of the braid-outs/ ponytails.

I had to try different products and mixes to see what works best for me. Good idea to roll in smaller sections. You'll get it.

Here's another question: Should I be using a leave-in and a sealer only, when doing my rollersets?

Should the leave-in be creamy and the sealer thick (castor oil)?

Salerm 21 b5, Lacio Lacio and Silicon Mix are the best leave ins for rollersetting for different reasons

Lacio- Very light rollersets, hairs just-a swangin! :lol: It also makes my sets really smooth

Salerm 21 b5- Soft, smooth and moisturized sets. Hair isn't as light as with Lacio, but it's still swangy

Silicon Mix- Soft, smooth, shiny and moisturized sets. This is my favorite leave in of the three, but I don't think I could ever part with one because they're all great

I once mixed all three together for the ultimate leave in and the results were fantastic!!!! :love2:

I don't ever use oils when I rollerset. Tried it once and my hair was a weighed down, oily mess. I only use a leave in and serum :yep:

Salerm 21 b5, Lacio Lacio and Silicon Mix are the best leave ins for rollersetting for different reasons

Lacio- Very light rollersets, hairs just-a swangin! :lol: It also makes my sets really smooth

Salerm 21 b5- Soft, smooth and moisturized sets. Hair isn't as light as with Lacio, but it's still swangy

Silicon Mix- Soft, smooth, shiny and moisturized sets. This is my favorite leave in of the three, but I don't think I could ever part with one because they're all great

I once mixed all three together for the ultimate leave in and the results were fantastic!!!! :love2:

I don't ever use oils when I rollerset. Tried it once and my hair was a weighed down, oily mess. I only use a leave in and serum :yep:

Love the way you break things down. So, I always thought serums were oils (used the same). How do you use serums? I have the one by Shescentit and I noticed it's really light. Also, do you guys only use lacio lacio and silicon mix for rollersets..I want to buy them but want to be able to use more often..

Last edited:
bumping I have the same issue w/ rollersetting. actually: while I'm rollersetting....my roots start to loosin @ the crown

Love the way you break things down. So, I always thought serums were oils (used the same). How do you use serums? I have the one by Shescentit and I noticed it's really light.

I use serums after adding my leave in, and in small amounts (less than a dime). Rub it together in your hands. Pat your ends with it and smooth the rest through your roots and down your length. I don't use oils to rollerset. I like Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum.

Love the way you break things down. So, I always thought serums were oils (used the same). How do you use serums? I have the one by Shescentit and I noticed it's really light.

Serums and oils aren't the same. Serums are pretty much a bunch of cones and fragrance :lol: They have a different feel than oils, the best way I can describe the texture is "slippery" :lol:

Different serums have different densities and thickness/thinness. I prefer the lighter ones for the most airy rollersets. I part my hair in two sections (from ear to ear) and apply about a quarter size amont of leave in to one section, massage it in and top with a dime size amount of serum, massage it in. Repeat for the second section.

Less is more with rollersetting, you don't want your hair weighed down with product, but you also want enough to keep your hair moisturized

I use rusk smoother leave in and in a spray bottle I have water and the pink fantasia heat protectant and a lil bit of keracare setting lotion

yea..I just finished rollersetting my hair and my roots were not nice at all.

I think smaller sections/rollers might help.

I used lacio lacio and proclaim gloss polish.

Everything else came out nice and silky.

Im going to just flat iron the roots.

Serums and oils aren't the same. Serums are pretty much a bunch of cones and fragrance :lol: They have a different feel than oils, the best way I can describe the texture is "slippery" :lol:

Different serums have different densities and thickness/thinness. I prefer the lighter ones for the most airy rollersets. I part my hair in two sections (from ear to ear) and apply about a quarter size amont of leave in to one section, massage it in and top with a dime size amount of serum, massage it in. Repeat for the second section.

So applying the leave in and serum this way, when the hair dry out do you just respray w/ water? My hair dries out kind of fast, or I'm just slow.

So applying the leave in and serum this way, when the hair dry out do you just respray w/ water? My hair dries out kind of fast, or I'm just slow.

Yes.When the hair dries out while you are rolling you can just spray water on the sections to rewet them.

I roll in thin sections to for straighter roots....Also, I take the section I'm about to roll, comb it to the front a little to prevent major gaps between my rollers. This has worked wonders as well.

Back