Rollerset on Natural Hair ... Pics inside

prettyinpurple

Okay bear with me as far as the pics lol. :grin: I hope you can see them.

I got my hair done for graduation: flat twists in the front and a roller set in the back. It's been over a year since I colored my hair, you can see the old color on the ends.

ETA: Okay I set up a fotki, this should work now. Fotki is: http://public.fotki.com/prettyinpurple/2007-hair/

173065671685-vi.jpg

173065731973-vi.jpg

173065796357-vi.jpg

173065824261-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Because they are probably already in your cache.

Other IE users probably wont be able to see them either.

I cannot see them.

prettyinpurple said:
Okay bear with me as far as the pics lol. :grin: I hope you can see them.

I got my hair done for graduation: flat twists in the front and a roller set in the back. It's been over a year since I colored my hair, you can see the old color on the ends.

ETA: The pics show up in IE on my computer, not FireFox.

173065639813_400_1.jpg

173065731973_400_1.jpg

173065671685_400_1.jpg

173065699461_400_1.jpg

173065764357_400_1.jpg

173065824261_400_1.jpg

173065796357_400_1.jpg

They don't show up on either of my computers...IE or firefox.

Hey... VERY pretty. This might be something to try once I get out of these extensions. I've wondered about it in the past but figured it would look silly. I think I've even thrown away all my rollers. Your curls look really really nice! I don't know if I have the skills to do flat twists like yours though.

Ennyaa said:
Hey... VERY pretty. This might be something to try once I get out of these extensions. I've wondered about it in the past but figured it would look silly. I think I've even thrown away all my rollers. Your curls look really really nice! I don't know if I have the skills to do flat twists like yours though.

Thank you! Girl I have no flat twisting skills either :lol: That's all my stylist. I haven't moved up from two strand twists on the skill chart.

Pretty!:)

May I ask a couple of questions?

How long is your hair?

What product(s) did you use?

What size rollers?

Heat or air dry?

Is your hair fine, medium or thick?

I ask because I recently attempted a roller set and :eek:!!!! I'm looking for tips on how to get the hair smooth without product overload and subsequent build-up....

Thank you in advance!

hahahaha Ok girl I hear you. I can braid and do two-stranded twists, but for some reason cornrows and flat twists just seem to be beyond me. Oh well. lol

I'll try my best to answer. I was asking the stylist lots of questions about it, so I prob got most of the info.

RelaxerRehab said:
Pretty!:)

May I ask a couple of questions?

How long is your hair? Longest part of my hair is probably shoulder length when stretched. I don't know really, I never straighten it, just pull a curl down to see length sometime.

What product(s) did you use? Stylist told me she used setting lotion (I asked). I also know she did her normal leave-ins before the setting lotion and rolling (think it's just some oils, not sure).

What size rollers? I didn't actually see them but I think they are the skinny ones. She rolls them so they (the rollers) are hanging vertically on my head. She also rolls it kinda twirl-ey to get the shirley temple curl you see. (Like you would roll straight hair around a curling iron barrel to achieve those kinds of curls).

Heat or air dry? Heat dry. Doesn't take long because she uses a lot of rollers, so there's not a ton of hair on each roller. And it takes some time to roll, some parts are getting dry while the rest is still getting rolled.

Is your hair fine, medium or thick? I would say fine (maybe medium??). I have a lot of hair but the individual strands are thin/fine.

I ask because I recently attempted a roller set and :eek:!!!! I'm looking for tips on how to get the hair smooth without product overload and subsequent build-up....

Thank you in advance!

More tidbits: She detangled my hair very well before rolling. Also she combed through each section with a smaller tooth-ed comb before rolling. She sprayed the setting lotion on each section (one at a time) before using the comb w/small teeth.

HTH!

I want to try a set with larger rollers next, to see how it comes out.

Forgot: I've had a roller set once before, and she separated the curls after I was dry -- so I had a ton of small curls. But she left them alone this time since I liked how it looked.

I think it looks adorable tell us how you did it exactly and what products etc, I would love to try that but my hair can't roller set its too thick I tried once and it can't fit in the curlers I felt retarded trying lol

@Guesswho: My lovely stylist did my hair, I explained it in my response to RelaxerRehab. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for the compliments everybody! Hopefully one day I can do this myself, but it's soooo much easier to just let someone else do it LOL.

@bmoreflyygirl: I've been seeing a lady in Silver Spring for the past couple of years (she has a natural hair salon -- Ambiance Hair Studio).

prettyinpurple said:
@Guesswho: My lovely stylist did my hair, I explained it in my response to RelaxerRehab. Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks for the compliments everybody! Hopefully one day I can do this myself, but it's soooo much easier to just let someone else do it LOL.

@bmoreflyygirl: I've been seeing a lady in Silver Spring for the past couple of years (she has a natural hair salon -- Ambiance Hair Studio).

Thanks for the info. :)

Looking very purrty! I'll have to contact you for directions whenever I get out of braids.

Back