Rollerset for Permed

It~Can~Grow

Is there any special setting lotion I should use for my rollersets? Do you all use any lotion or do you just set with a leave in?

I'm working on my regimen and hopefully I gain some elasticity...the last rollerset (pre LHCF) my curls fell before I left the house.

I assumed it was because I did a hot oil treatment and it was too oily, but maybe....

I use the Macherie method, minimum product. So I put a dime size of Keracare Silken Seal, a quarter size of Lacio Lacio, and a quarter size of FantasiaIC Heat Protectant. Then I set with tons of water. My rollersets come out pretty good and I just pincurl at night to maintain my curls.

>i always use a leave-in (preferably giovanni direct).
>then i'll put a dab of lacio lacio on each section (sometimes i'll mix some in a spray bottle with water and spray it on each section)
>then put a dab of castor oil on ends

OK - I'll admit I'm 'green' to hair care...

Where can I buy "lacio lacio & giovanni direct?" I've never heard of these products...:ohwell:

Since your permed you can try lacio lacio which the women here swear by and I have had good results with.

Also una bomba intensive leave in conditioner is good helps to keep hair ends healthy and not to split so much.

any kind of light leave in conditioner will work. Just be careful with rollersets because at times in my opinion they can cause breakage.

It Can Grow, IMO the products you use are determined by what you want the finished product to be. If you want a soft, silky set, a good leave in will work wonderfully. You could always add a touch of hairspray to set it (I don't tho', don't like hairspray).

If you want a stiffer set, a setting lotion like Lottabody will work. Just be sure to condition your hair well so it doesn't get too dry and crunchy.

Longhairlover, your hair shines like glass!!
bow1.gif

Here is a site you can get products from:

http://www.bluebeez.com

Just look up the category on leave in conditioners. Its a little more expensive than the BSS but if the stores near you dont sell the products you want this is where you can go.

Yeah, a hot oil treatment probably messed up your rollerset. I typically use a straightening lotion, serum, and lottabody setting lotion after my leave-in. My roller sets last till I wash again. Good luck! I have experimented using oil and creamy moisturizers and it doesn't come out as well.

I personally love Salerm 21 for my roller sets. First I spritz my hair with some Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-in (contains a great mix of humectants, a little bit of protein which my hair loves, and a heat protectant), and then a small amount of the Salerm 21. It leaves my hair very bouncy and smooth. While setting I simply fill a bottle of just plain ol' water to spritz the hair before putting it onto the rollers. Love the way it comes out.:drunk:

Back