Rollerset and natural hair

gabby1

Hi ladies I have natural hair 4a/b and I would like to know if I can do a rollerset or would I need a relaxer?:)

I'm transitioning, 6 months post. I roller set & do pony tail roller set, but end up flat ironing roots afterwards. I'm going to try the silk wrap and spiral roller set next to avoid straightening the roots. Also maybe try the mesh rollers for good grip.

I have some rollerset pics in my fotki. My hair didn't get bone straight, but I like that frizzy look anyway. I think that if I took my time to roll it and use other products the outcome would be different:look:

hope that helps

Last edited:
I've got pics in my album of my sister's hair, which is 4a/4b and I rollerset her hair on magnetic rollers and flatironed the roots only.

I'm also just about 6 months post, with texturized hair and I rollerset. The pswd is grow, take a look.

Good luck!

I rollersetted my hair last year, however, it only lasted one day, lol! Check out my 2006 fourth quarter album... the link and password is in my signature.

I have pics of a flexirod set in my album. I think the key is to use a really good setting lotion that allows you to get the hair straight on the roller.

You hair looks absolutely beautiful, but did you press your hair first and than rollerset or did rollerset it straight away from natural. In either case what did you put i your hair..Thanks:)

I've done it but I done it on clean dry hair and just used a sheabutter aloe vera gel mix and used magnetic rollers, I got that from a Lady from Nappturality, because with my hair wet it just didn't work too well but by doing it on clean dry hair it worked pretty good, but it takes along time because I still have a Twa. But once outside and humidty hits, it is all over with.

Back