Rollers to sleep in

lav123

Ladies I am currently using the purple Magnetic Rollers only on wash days. I have been wrapping my hair every night and this has made my hair and edges very thin. I want to stop wrapping so I am looking for rollers that I can sleep in. I cannot sleep in the purple ones, they are too big and bulky and my neck hurts whenever I try.:(

Currently my hair is almost bra strap length. Ladies I am open to any suggestions. Thanks:)

Wow, you are brave for actually trying to sleep in those things (ouch). Have you tried doing large pin curls (6-8 large loops)? Its ALOT more comfortable. Just a thought.

Pillow rollers would be good. I wish I could find a pic or remember the brand, sorry. They are very gentle and won't break your hair like the sponge ones. They are made from a soft white fabric covering a piece of foam w/ wires and you fold the wires over to keep in place. The wires are covered also so they don't come in contact w/ your hair.

atlien11 said:
Wow, you are brave for actually trying to sleep in those things (ouch). Have you tried doing large pin curls (6-8 large loops)? Its ALOT more comfortable. Just a thought.

Thanks great suggestion. I will try this.

Pokahontas said:
Pillow rollers would be good. I wish I could find a pic or remember the brand, sorry. They are very gentle and won't break your hair like the sponge ones. They are made from a soft white fabric covering a piece of foam w/ wires and you fold the wires over to keep in place. The wires are covered also so they don't come in contact w/ your hair.

This website has pillow rollers too..are these the ones you are referring to?

I use to flexi-rods. Sometimes I use 3 purple ones but if I need more defined curls I use two layers of them ( about 10). I haven't found that they put stress on my hair or hair line. Maybe you could try those.
Pics are in my album.

marie170 said:
This website has pillow rollers too..are these the ones you are referring to?
Yeah, that's them! I didn't even see that link. The ones I have are a different brand but they look the same. They work well.

I use the ones from tenderheaded. They are really good. I have hype hair rollers too but they are really small. I wanna try and find the large size:)

The nylon is fine. They dont give me breakage:D

Pokahontas said:

I have these...got them from CVS. Very easy to sleep in.

lav123 said:
Goldensensation how many rollers do you use? Each package has 5 rollers. How many packages should I buy?

After just washing my hair I use about 15-20. I have about 30 rollers in total though (just in case something happens to one of them). When I have my hair in a ponytail, I use about 3 on my ends.

For everyone concerned about the nylon on the hair:

The stretchy nylon that the rollers are covered in feel like a cross between satin and silk. I have never had any breakage from these rollers.

Another perk about the rollers are how easily and gently they are secured (with those little flaps).

marie170 said:
So you don't feel the cotton fabric dries your hair or do you use end papers?

I've only used them once, on dry hair, and it didn't seem drying. I'll have to try it on wet hair and see.

Back