Roller Set: What about the Roots?

Traycee

Ok I did my first rollerset. I'm letting it air dry. It's almost dry and looks really pretty in rollers anyways but, what do guys do with the roots? My new growth feels soft but I can tell all ready it's not going to be straight.

Are you staying away from direct heat? Because if not, most of the ladies in here blow their roots out, like at a Dominican salon; you can also flat iron or press them. The whole point, In my opinion at least, is thet you're not using heat on most of the hair or the ends, which are the most fragile parts. If you're not using heat, do like me and wear it curly, full and bouncy.

Are you staying away from direct heat? Because if not, most of the ladies in here blow their roots out, like at a Dominican salon; you can also flat iron or press them. The whole point, In my opinion at least, is thet you're not using heat on most of the hair or the ends, which are the most fragile parts. If you're not using heat, do like me and wear it curly, full and bouncy.

Thank you...I've never been to a Dominican salon so I'll just flat iron them ...I was a little worried for a minute

I'm not a "wrapper" but some ladies wrap their hair and then put saran wrap around it. Some sit under the dryer afterwards too to get their hair straight.

Personally, I just flat iron the new growth. :yep:

i flat iron my new growth and my hair comes out silky straight: if u don't want ur curls: u can wrap ur hair in saran wrap like stated above

i flat iron my new growth and my hair comes out silky straight: if u don't want ur curls: u can wrap ur hair in saran wrap like stated above

Hi,

So, how do I wrap my hair in saran wrap? Would i sit under the dryer with it?
thanks!

Hi there,

When I take the rollers out from my rollerset I flat iron my roots only...make sure you use a heat protective before you flat iron. After I flat iron my roots I wrap my hair then I wrap my hair with saran wrap...all the way around my head and make sure you put a piece on top of your head as well...you want to make sure the entire head is covered with saran wrap. Then I sit back under the dryer for 10 minutes. When you comb your hair...your hair will have that smooth sleek look just like you have flat ironed your hair but better!!!

Hi there,

When I take the rollers out from my rollerset I flat iron my roots only...make sure you use a heat protective before you flat iron. After I flat iron my roots I wrap my hair then I wrap my hair with saran wrap...all the way around my head and make sure you put a piece on top of your head as well...you want to make sure the entire head is covered with saran wrap. Then I sit back under the dryer for 10 minutes. When you comb your hair...your hair will have that smooth sleek look just like you have flat ironed your hair but better!!!

Does the saran wrap only work on relaxed hair?

Hi there,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I checked out the link and it really helps. I just got my Pibbs dryer in the mail. I'm gonna try this tomorrow!

I'm not a "wrapper" but some ladies wrap their hair and then put saran wrap around it. Some sit under the dryer afterwards too to get their hair straight.

Personally, I just flat iron the new growth. :yep:

What she said. I had great results from my 1st wrap, but it might have been my last. It didn't straighten my NG (not at 15weeks anyway) and it's just a little too much extra manipulation for me.

Back